Honestly, I keep forgetting this Dora The Explorer live-action is a real film and not just a Michael Bay fever dream. That said, there are no doubt adults who grew up with the young adventurer and her pals excited to see the cartoon translated into a feature film.
It was announced today that the Paramount production has at long last found their Dora, actress Isabela Moner. Recently seen in Transformers: The Last Night, Moner is no stranger to the world of Dora, having voiced character Kate on the Dora And Friends: Into The City cartoon that went for 2 seasons.
Moner will be appearing in the upcoming film Sicario: Day Of The Soldado, sequel to the Oscar nominated flick from Denis Villeneuve.
The Dora film was written by Nick Stoller (The Muppets, Neighbors), and will be directed by James Bobin (The Muppets Most Wanted, Flight of the Concords).
Early reports say the film will shoot in Queensland Australia, which will no doubt serve the nature-element of the flick well. The film is scheduled for release on August 2nd, 2019 through Paramount.
- Ant-Man and Wasp Battle Ghost in New LEGO Set
- Dora the Explorer Live-Action Film Gets an Official Release Date
- Paramount Says "Vámonos" to Michael Bay's Live Action Dora The Explorer Movie
- Season 2 Teases in New ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ Featurette - December 17, 2018
- Terry Gilliam’s ‘The Man Who Killed Don Quixote’ WILL Release in North America! - December 17, 2018
- James Wan Not Part of ‘Resident Evil’ Reboot - December 17, 2018
- ‘Outlander’ EPs On THAT Character Switch, [SPOILER]’s Return - December 17, 2018
- ‘Hot Fuzz 2’ Officially Greenlit, Posts Nick Frost - December 17, 2018