Honestly, I keep forgetting this Dora The Explorer live-action is a real film and not just a Michael Bay fever dream. That said, there are no doubt adults who grew up with the young adventurer and her pals excited to see the cartoon translated into a feature film.
It was announced today that the Paramount production has at long last found their Dora, actress Isabela Moner. Recently seen in Transformers: The Last Night, Moner is no stranger to the world of Dora, having voiced character Kate on the Dora And Friends: Into The City cartoon that went for 2 seasons.
Moner will be appearing in the upcoming film Sicario: Day Of The Soldado, sequel to the Oscar nominated flick from Denis Villeneuve.
The Dora film was written by Nick Stoller (The Muppets, Neighbors), and will be directed by James Bobin (The Muppets Most Wanted, Flight of the Concords).
Early reports say the film will shoot in Queensland Australia, which will no doubt serve the nature-element of the flick well. The film is scheduled for release on August 2nd, 2019 through Paramount.
- Ant-Man and Wasp Battle Ghost in New LEGO Set
- Dora the Explorer Live-Action Film Gets an Official Release Date
- Paramount Says "Vámonos" to Michael Bay's Live Action Dora The Explorer Movie
- ‘Marvel’s Luke Cage’: Mike Colter Posts Heartfelt Life Update - October 23, 2018
- Wanna See Imagine Dragons Music Video for ‘Ralph Breaks The Internet’? - October 23, 2018
- ‘Halloween’ 2018: Jamie Lee Curtis Rightfully Gets to Boast - October 22, 2018
- ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ will Premiere at Wembley in London - October 22, 2018
- Warner Bros. Shifts ‘Wonder Woman 1984’ to 2020 - October 22, 2018