Honestly, I keep forgetting this Dora The Explorer live-action is a real film and not just a Michael Bay fever dream. That said, there are no doubt adults who grew up with the young adventurer and her pals excited to see the cartoon translated into a feature film.
It was announced today that the Paramount production has at long last found their Dora, actress Isabela Moner. Recently seen in Transformers: The Last Night, Moner is no stranger to the world of Dora, having voiced character Kate on the Dora And Friends: Into The City cartoon that went for 2 seasons.
Moner will be appearing in the upcoming film Sicario: Day Of The Soldado, sequel to the Oscar nominated flick from Denis Villeneuve.
The Dora film was written by Nick Stoller (The Muppets, Neighbors), and will be directed by James Bobin (The Muppets Most Wanted, Flight of the Concords).
Early reports say the film will shoot in Queensland Australia, which will no doubt serve the nature-element of the flick well. The film is scheduled for release on August 2nd, 2019 through Paramount.
- Ant-Man and Wasp Battle Ghost in New LEGO Set
- Dora the Explorer Live-Action Film Gets an Official Release Date
- Paramount Says "Vámonos" to Michael Bay's Live Action Dora The Explorer Movie
- Yes Really: ‘The Last Sharknado’ May Be The Best Sharknado - August 19, 2018
- Best Evan Rachel Wood Reaction Moment Comes While Playing Heads Up! - August 19, 2018
- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ Shares 4 BTS Photos For World Photography Day - August 19, 2018
- ‘Shades of Blue’ is Ending, but Ray Liotta Doesn’t Want it to - August 19, 2018
- What Does Ron D. Moore Think About ‘Star Trek’ Fatigue? - August 19, 2018