So I was reading Batman #46, as it seems most of comicdom will be doing today. That and DC Nation #0, anyway.
A present-day alternate reality in which Batman’s parents lived alongside Bruce. And it is a living nightmare of a world, created by Booster Gold to give to Bruce Wayne. Once he put things back, though he has been unable to do so, so far.
And it gave me a great chance to run Leigh Kellogg’s visual from a few years back.
I’ve noted how Tom King‘s writing has reminded me of late eighties.early nineties Alan Moore, including specifically the comparison between Mister Miracle and Big Numbers with Mitch Gerads seemingly doing a Bill Sienkiewicz playalong.
But today’s Batman #46? I got very different vibe from King, Tony Daniels, Sandu Florea and Tomeu Morey. One of a certain Richard O’Brien instead.
Am I the only one who saw this page…
…and turned to this instead?
I mean, I guess Booster Gold is doing the Time Warp again…
(W) Tom King (A) Sandu Florea (A/CA) Tony S. Daniel
“THE TRAVELERS” part two! Booster Gold’s wedding present has screwed up Batman’s past, and done even more damage to his present. Now, with the Caped Crusader himself refusing to cooperate, the only way for Booster to correct this runaway timeline is to get Catwoman on his side. But with her own past altered, can he make Catwoman recognize the qualities in her husband-to-be that brought them together in the first place? Plus, if Batman isn’t doing his job, Gotham City may become way more dangerous than our bumbling time-traveler might be ready for.In Shops: May 02, 2018
- DC Walmart Giant Sized-Comics Make it to the UK – for Only Twice the Cover Price - August 19, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List, 19th August 2018 – ‘We’ve Been Seeing More and More Batman Attrition’ - August 19, 2018
- Lying In The Gutters, 19th August 2018 – Looking at the Moon - August 19, 2018
- Exclusive Funko POP of Lord Drakkon in Comic Stores in January - August 18, 2018
- Venom Finally Looks Like His Chest Symbol - August 18, 2018