So I was reading Batman #46, as it seems most of comicdom will be doing today. That and DC Nation #0, anyway.
A present-day alternate reality in which Batman’s parents lived alongside Bruce. And it is a living nightmare of a world, created by Booster Gold to give to Bruce Wayne. Once he put things back, though he has been unable to do so, so far.
And it gave me a great chance to run Leigh Kellogg’s visual from a few years back.
I’ve noted how Tom King‘s writing has reminded me of late eighties.early nineties Alan Moore, including specifically the comparison between Mister Miracle and Big Numbers with Mitch Gerads seemingly doing a Bill Sienkiewicz playalong.
But today’s Batman #46? I got very different vibe from King, Tony Daniels, Sandu Florea and Tomeu Morey. One of a certain Richard O’Brien instead.
Am I the only one who saw this page…
…and turned to this instead?
I mean, I guess Booster Gold is doing the Time Warp again…
(W) Tom King (A) Sandu Florea (A/CA) Tony S. Daniel
“THE TRAVELERS” part two! Booster Gold’s wedding present has screwed up Batman’s past, and done even more damage to his present. Now, with the Caped Crusader himself refusing to cooperate, the only way for Booster to correct this runaway timeline is to get Catwoman on his side. But with her own past altered, can he make Catwoman recognize the qualities in her husband-to-be that brought them together in the first place? Plus, if Batman isn’t doing his job, Gotham City may become way more dangerous than our bumbling time-traveler might be ready for.In Shops: May 02, 2018
- The Full DC Comics Catalogue for August 2018 - May 21, 2018
- Frank Miller and John Romita’s Superman: Year One for DC’s Black Label is Late Already - May 21, 2018
- Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps, Batwoman Confirmed as Cancelled in August - May 21, 2018
- Stanley “Artgerm” Lau’s First 2 Covers for Fantastic Four #1 - May 21, 2018
- Hellana, Lookers, and Jungle Fantasy for Boundless August 2018 Solicits - May 21, 2018