That Happy Death Day sequel is still happening, and we just got some news about returning cast members. Universal/Blumhouse raked in an impressive close to $123M worldwide with their low budget horror ode to Groundhog Day. The film, while a familiar premise, was original enough in it’s hero and execution.
Jessica Rothe, who played main character Tree Gelbman, is reliving the same day over and over again. It just happens to be her birthday, and someone is trying to (and succeeds) in killing her, restarting her day. She does her best to convince Israel Broussard who played nice guy Carter each new day that what’s happening to her is real, and he helps her (kind of ) figure out who the killer is and how to break the cycle.
Both Rothe and Broussard returning for the already green-lit sequel.
Suraj Sharma (Homeland, Life of Pi) will be joining Happy Death Day 2 as Samar Ghosh, a science enthusiast and geek who enjoys coding in his spare time. Sarah Yarkin (American Horror Story, The Middle) will be playing Dre Morgan, a science geek and tom-boy with a sleepy feline gaze who is Samar’s partner-in-crime.
Christopher Landon is directing, and production is set to start on May 10th.
- Iron Man 10 Years Later: Ole Shellhead's Top 10 Action Figures!
- MLB Games You Should Watch on Wednesday, May 2
- Netflix Cancels Joel McHale’s and Michelle Wolf’s Shows - August 19, 2018
- Gold Open: ‘Crazy Rich Asians’ Makes $34 Million Over 5 Days - August 19, 2018
- ‘Deadpool 2’ Was Gonna Have The Fantastic Four in Tim Miller’s Version - August 19, 2018
- Winona Rider, Keanu Reeves *May* Be Married Because ‘Dracula’ - August 19, 2018
- Another Vampire Lestat Book Coming from Anne Rice this October - August 18, 2018