When Season 4 of Fortnite dropped today, it came with a massive update that, content aside, brought in a slew of changes and updates, fixed a ton of bugs that have been sitting in limbo, and mended a couple of known issues Epic Games has been working on. Below is a sample of the primary fixes that went into Battle Royale, we suggest clicking the link above to get the entire list to see what’s changed for you.
- Structures on the starting island can now be destroyed. Not the Battle Bus, though.
- Headshots are now prioritized when other body parts are in the way.
- Incoming headshots (from above or straight on) will no longer be blocked by your character’s other body parts.
- For example, a shot that hits your target’s hand will be able to penetrate through and hit their head if your aim was on point. You’ll be credited headshot damage instead of normal damage.
- Headshots from below that are blocked by a body part (legs, torso, hands, shoulders, arms) will do normal damage, except for impacts very close to your character’s head.
- This change affects all weapons, except for the Rocket Launcher and Grenade Launcher.
- Slightly reduced the hitbox size of player hands.
- Damage numbers are now visible when spectating a player.
- Knocking a player off the island will award elimination credit like normal fall damage.
- Fall distance is now shown in the elimination feed when a player is forced to fall by an opponent.
- On the starting island, you can now see other players (and player-created structures) about three times further away than before.
- Fixed an issue that would cause player built structures to appear intact for a few seconds after eliminating an enemy and destroying the structure at the same time.
- This caused players to “phase through” the structure.
- Fixed cases where pickups moved erratically when sliding down slopes.
- Fixed an issue where destroying a building from under an enemy wouldn’t award kill credit.
- Fixed an issue where swinging the pickaxe could cause movement stuttering.
- Fixed an issue where some pre-placed wooden archways could not be destroyed by player built structures.
- Fixed an issue that made the Battle Bus appear to quickly fly off the map after jumping from it.
- Fixed an issue that would pause a downed players health bar if their reviver disconnected while reviving them.
- You can now mark cosmetic items as favorites in the Locker.
- ‘Random’ option added to each cosmetic equipment slot in the Locker.
- This will randomly choose between items you’ve marked as favorites each match (or from all owned items if nothing is marked as a favorite).
- You are no longer limited to just the 6 slots on your emote wheel for Sprays and Emotes and can now use any of the ones you own in a match!
- The Locker slots act as a page of presets, but you can cycle through to any emotes marked as a favorite and then all emotes, sorted by type (PS4: L1/R1; XB1: LB/RB; PC: Mouse Wheel; Mobile: Buttons added next to radial menu).
- Added new “Locker Emote Slot” button bindings, which allow you to immediately trigger any of your 6 Emote or Spray presets.
- While Auto Run is active, an icon is now displayed.
- Improved the look and feel of the Game options tab.
- Slightly decreased the size of the arrow over players heads when they are close to you.
- The fourth and fifth weapon slots will now default to keys 5 and 6 instead of Z and X when using the “Reset to Defaults” option.
- The 4:3 aspect ratio is now supported.
- Fixed an issue where the compass showed ‘360’ when it should have been ‘359’.
- Fixed an issue where players could get stuck on the Inventory screen when opening and closing it very quickly multiple times in a row.
- Fixed an issue where the “Show Net Stats” HUD option would be reset to off after restarting the game.
- Fixed an issue that caused consumable timers to not display when using a consumable immediately after canceling one.
- Fixed a spelling error in the description for Tomatohead.
- The Squad Comms wheel can now be closed with circle on PS4 controllers, and B on Xbox controllers.
- Weapon slot keybinding options are no longer called “Ability Slots” in the input menu.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- The Crossbow has been vaulted.
- Rocket Launcher aim reticle is now a fixed size regardless of player movement.
- Hit markers are now displayed when looking through a scope.
- Increased pickaxe damage against Supply Llamas, now dealing 50 damage per hit.
- Fixed an issue where a weapon could have no ammo when dropping it immediately after picking it up.
- Improved pickaxe swing responsiveness when switching from a weapon to the pickaxe and immediately holding the swing button.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Hunting Rifles from auto reloading if it was fired immediately after a reload.
- Fixed an issue that allowed grenades to be thrown in rapid succession while sprinting.
- Fixed an issue where aiming a grenade throw and then switching to build mode wouldn’t cancel the throw.
- Fixed an issue with the Builder Pro configuration that caused the players weapon to fire while trying to build in some cases.
- Clingers will now properly cling to falling Supply Drops.