It’s been 28 years since the first installment in the Tremors franchise took to the big screen and the Graboids began wreaking havoc on Perfection, Nevada. After five films, Tremors: A Cold Day in Hell continues the saga and is available right now on Blu-ray, DVD, and On Demand. In addition to the stand-alone film, a full box set of all installments, Tremors: The Complete Collection, is also available.
Continuing to fight the good fight against the onslaught is veteran actor Michael Gross as series survivalist Burt Gummer. He and his son Travis Welker (played by returning Tremors alum Jamie Kennedy) are called to a research facility in the frozen tundra of the Canadian Arctic. They find themselves up to their ears in deadly giant-worm attacks. Burt begins to suspect that Graboids are secretly being weaponized, but before he can prove his theory, he is side-lined by Graboid venom. With just 48 hours to live, the only hope is to create an antidote from fresh venom – but to do that, someone will have to figure out how to milk a Graboid.
Our friends over at Universal Studios Home Entertainment shared an exclusive behind-the-scenes clip and interview with Gross and costume designer Danielle Knox.
His continued performance of Burt as a hyper-paranoid survivalist who had the perfect vindication handed to him by the appearance of the worms keeps the films engaging and fun. He’s a crazy type of paranoid that keeps him one step ahead of those chomping maws. In addition to Michael and Jamie, there are a number of newcomers joining the cast, including Tanya van Graan (Starship Troopers 3: Marauder, Death Race: Inferno), Greg Kriek (Maze Runner: The Death Cure), and Jay Anstey (Blood Drive, Hell Trip).
The Bonus Features on the various versions include:
The Making of Tremors: A Cold Day in Hell: Filmmakers, cast, and crew discuss why Tremors: A Cold Day in Hell is the most bone-blasting Tremors movie yet.
Anatomy of a Scene: Watch as we break down the various elements that need to come together to film the first underwater Graboid attack.
Inside Chang’s Market: Chang’s Market is an iconic location in Tremors history. See how it was recreated and updated for this installment of the franchise.
Tremors: A Cold Day in Hell will be available on Blu-rayTM, DVD, and Digital.
Blu-rayTM unleashes the power of your HDTV and is the best way to watch movies at home, featuring 6X the picture resolution of DVD, exclusive extras and theater-quality surround sound. Digital lets fans watch movies anywhere on their favorite devices. Users can instantly stream or download. Movies Anywhere is the digital app that simplifies and enhances the digital movie collection and viewing experience by allowing consumers to access their favorite digital movies in one place when purchased or redeemed through participating digital retailers. Consumers can also redeem digital copy codes found ineligible Blu-rayTM and DVD disc packages from participating studios and stream or download them through Movies Anywhere. Movies Anywhere is only available in the United States.
- Syfy Passes on Kevin Bacon Lead 'Tremors' Reboot
- Aquaman Annual #1 Review: A Beautiful and Sad Story Hindered by Subpar Art
- Tremors: Big Little Lies's P.J. Byrne, Four More Join Syfy Reboot Pilot
- Kevin Bacon Confirms A 'Tremors' TV Pilot In The Works For Syfy
- The New Guardians Trailer Has A Bear With A Mini-Gun - Will This Russian Superhero Film Be Avengers Meets Deadpool?
- Deadpool 2 Review: Your Friend With Benefits Who Does That Thing You Like - May 17, 2018
- Date and Location Announced for Star Wars Celebration 2019! - May 16, 2018
- First Season of Amazon’s Lord of the Rings Series to Center on a Young Aragorn - May 16, 2018
- Solo: A Star Wars Story Review – Lando Rocks, Solo’s Fine, and Star Wars Lives On [Spoiler Free] - May 15, 2018
- Superman Actress Margot Kidder Passes Away at 69 - May 14, 2018