The Entertainment Software Association (ESA) sent out a press release today letting esports fans know that the ESL will have a much bigger presence at E3 than many anticipated, as they will be setting up an entire area in one of the convention center halls. No games have been announced yet, but the organization will be taking over part of the South Hall to form the new E3 ESL Arena stage, which will be a “7,500-square-foot dynamic esports experience” with 200 seats for fans to watch as the main stage will feature competitions to be broadcast live with commentary during the event. Below are a couple quotes on the partnership as we now wait to see what games and teams will be featured.
“Competitive video games are taking sports entertainment by storm, with the global esports audience reaching 335 million people in 2017,” said Michael D. Gallagher, president and CEO of ESA. “With the addition of the E3 ESL Arena, E3 2018 is set to be a non-stop, edge-of-your-seat ride of video game announcements, demos, and competition.”
“Together with ESA, the E3 ESL Arena will expose traditional game enthusiasts to high-quality, professionally produced competitions that create the ultimate esports experience,” said Yvette Martinez-Rea, CEO North America, ESL. “We hope to reach gamers from all over the world, engaging both old and new fans alike.”
- E3 Floor Plans Released, Sony and Nintendo Snag the Most Space
- Smoke And Sacrifice is Coming to PC and Switch at the End of May
- NSE Becomes the First Official University Esports Body in U.K.
- Amazon Announces Mobile Masters 2018 Esports Tournament
- Hearing What Sponsored Pros Hear: We Review Logitech's G PRO Gaming Headset
- ESP Gaming Acquires PUBG Tournament Providor Auzom
- A 13-Year-Old Gets an Esports Contract to Play Fortnite
- Team Secret has Joined the Fortnite Esport Scene
- Konami Adds Some Other IP Assets Into Metal Gear Survive - October 21, 2018
- Valve Pushes the Artifact Beta Into November - October 21, 2018
- Konami Releases Details on the First Three Yu-Gi-Oh! Sets of 2019 - October 21, 2018
- Digital Extremes Reveal Next Warframe DLC Coming in November - October 20, 2018
- Bandai Namco Boasts Three Million Sales of Tekken 7 - October 20, 2018