DC Comics is advertising tomorrow’s DC Nation #0 with alcoholic comparisons.
— DC (@DCComics) April 27, 2018
Just another reason why DC Nation #0 is like tomorrow’s Avengers #1.
But I wondered: how that would work with other comics? Such as the newly announced Action Comics #1000 hardcover (no, for real this time), out in October for $19.99?
SUPER-SIZED DELUXE EDITION HARDCOVER OF ACTION COMICS #1000 COMIC BOOK ARRIVES THIS FALL
Available for Pre-Order Today at Participating Bookstores and Online Retailers Nationwide
Hitting Comic Book Shops September 26 and all Major Booksellers October 2, This Special Hardcover Features Unreleased Original Scripts, Sketches and More
On the heels of DC’s landmark release of ACTION COMICS #1000, this milestone issue of the longest-running superhero comic book in history will debut in a deluxe hardcover format. Available in comic book stores on September 26 and book stores on October 2, the ACTION COMICS #1000 DELUXE EDITION hardcover will feature previously unreleased story scripts, sketches and more. With more than eighty pages of some of the top names in comics paying tribute to Superman, the ACTION COMICS #1000 DELUXE EDITION hardcover, will be available for the suggested retail price of $19.99.
“Not only was the release of ACTION COMICS #1000 a huge step for DC, it was a momentous release for the industry as a whole,” said DC Publisher Dan DiDio. “We heard from countless comic book shop owners that ACTION COMICS #1000 brought fans into their shops like never before, as everyone wanted to be a part of this historic moment.”
The deluxe edition hardcover of ACTION COMICS #1000 will include:
- All eighty pages featuring stories and artwork by Brian Michael Bendis/Jim Lee, Dan Jurgens/Norm Rapmund, Peter J. Tomasi/Patrick Gleason, Tom King/Clay Mann, Geoff Johns & Richard Donner/Oliver Coipel, Brad Meltzer/John Cassaday and Laura Martin, Marv Wolfman/Curt Swan, Louise Simonson/Jerry Ordway and more.
- A gallery of eighteen unique retailer variants (open to buy and retailer exclusives) and the eight decade-themed variant covers from artists including Dan Jurgens, Jim Lee, Dave Gibbons, Joshua Middleton and more.
- Scripts for each of the stories featured in ACTION COMICS #1000
- A side by side panel/page comparisons for the Peter J. Tomasi/Patrick Gleason story “Never Ending Battle”
- The original art for the Marv Wolfman/Curt Swan story “An Enemy Within”
- The Paul Levitz/Neal Adams story from ACTION COMICS: 80 YEARS OF SUPERMAN, “The Game”
- Design sketches from Jim Lee
- A complete reprint of the stories that started it all – the Superman stories ACTION COMICS #1 and 2 from 1938!
“We were blown away by the response to ACTION COMICS #1000, and we wanted to gather together even more behind the scenes material such as sketches, scripts, etc. so fans can take a peek inside this historic release,” said DC Publisher Jim Lee. “This is not only a must-have for any Superman fan, but also any fan of comics, entertainment or pop culture.”
- Mimi Cruz of Night Flight Comics Vs Comics Distribution - September 24, 2018
- Fat Jack’s Comicrypt Displays Crisis #8 Artwork For the First Time During Tom King’s Heroes In Crisis Signing - September 24, 2018
- Denver Comic Con Changes Name to Denver Pop Culture Con For 2019 - September 24, 2018
- Todd Matthy’s Writer’s Commentary on Robots Vs Princesses #2 - September 24, 2018
- Do You Remember… Superman’s Penis? - September 24, 2018