Amazon has brought back their esports tournament focused on mobile gaming called the Mobile Masters 2018, which will kick off this week with qualifying rounds on specific games you can download right now. Starting on May 5th, you can enter for a place in the tournament by playing Power Rangers: Legacy Wars or Survival Arena, with the top scoring players getting a shot at a $100k prize pool at the finals in Seattle from June 23rd-24th. In June, pre-determined teams will be facing off in World of Tanks Blitz and Critical Ops to crown a champion for each individual game. You can check out the details of the tournament here, while we have some quotes from participating companies below.
“In talking with nWay and Game Insight, we recognized both developers were looking for ways to scale their competitive play,” said Marja Koopmans, Director, Amazon Competitive Gaming. “With GameOn, they can now run qualifiers across the globe for Mobile Masters, identify the best players in their games, award prizes to participants and nurture talent creating a stronger sense of community. We’re thrilled to help these developers realize their vision and host their top players at Mobile Masters this summer.”
“Amazon’s Mobile Masters stage has given us a boost in establishing a foothold in the esports space,” said Taehoon Kim, CEO, nWay. “Now that we have integrated GameOn into Power Rangers: Legacy Wars, we’re already seeing significant growth in community engagement with our average weekly play time increasing by 28%. We’ve also seen fan interest increase around competitions and the ability to win real-world prizes. This is an incredible innovation that brings the physical and digital world together in a way that takes competitive mobile gaming to another level.”
“Survival Arena is built around tournament play, and Mobile Masters is an incredible way to celebrate our top players,” said Anatoly Ropotov, CEO at Game Insight. “Running qualifiers through GameOn allows us to identify the gamers who will earn their spot in Seattle, where we’ll find out who really has what it takes to survive. Amazon has shown a tremendous commitment to the competitive gaming scene, and with events like Mobile Masters and services like GameOn, they’re continuing to prove on that investment.”
- NSE Becomes the First Official University Esports Body in U.K.
- ESL Set to Have a Major Presence at E3 2018
- Square Enix is Taking Dragon Quest XI Pre-Orders on Specific Retailers
- The Boys: 10 Cloverfield Lane's Dan Trachtenberg Directing Amazon Series Premiere
- Amazon Studios Presentation Live Blog at Cinemacon
- Amazon Renews Jack Ryan Before Season 1 Premiere
- Hickman and Kirkman Sitting in a Tree M-A-K-I-N-G Amazon Shows for East of West and Transhuman
- Ubisoft Tease Their Fans About Their Pre-E3 Event - May 24, 2018
- The Sims 4 is Getting a New Expansion Bringing in the Seasons - May 24, 2018
- From The Rumor Mill: Are We Getting Dying Light 2 at E3? - May 24, 2018
- Capcom Examines the History of the Street Fighter Alpha Series in Latest Video - May 24, 2018
- Ubisoft Reveals Their Next DLC for Far Cry 5 in Hours of Darkness Trailer - May 24, 2018