Well, where there’s one spinner rack, there must be more.
Emerald City Comic Con founder Jim Demonakos recently announced that he was leaving ReedPOP as Global Director of Comic Talent. And that he’s got a Classic Spinner Rack all of his own, and for the public as well as stores. And he’s Kickstartering it.
- Heavy Duty – Made in the USA from high grade steel which has been powder coated and is rust-free
- Whisper Quiet – Extra large ball bearings help spin the rack smoothly and quietly
- Large Pockets – Designed to hold comics that are Silver Age size, modern size, in or out of bags/boards, trade paperbacks, small hardcovers and more. The pockets are over 7″ wide and .75″ deep
- Sturdy & Strong – The 12″ base makes for a small profile but a strong base that supports the weight of the comics, and won’t tip over
- Classic Sign Topper – The innovative 4-sleeve topper includes retro inspired signs designed by JG Roshell of Comicraft
- Color Choice – The rack is available in either black or white so you can choose what works best for your space
Jim Demonakos tells me why his spinner comic rack is better than Diamond’s.
1 – Our pocket is wider, theirs is only 7″ but ours is 7.5″ inches, so you can actually put a silver age comic on it, not just a modern comic.
2 – Ours is one piece of metal, the entire rack is a single assembly, and ships in a single box – Diamond’s is made up of multiple pieces, which is not as sturdy.
Jim tells me ‘I made this to evoke nostalgia and actually look cool, Diamond’s is more a utilitarian piece for stores instead of something you’d want to put in your home or office.’
Of course, you realise, this means war… Spinner Rack War…
- Dark Horse Launches Frozen, Predator, Terminator, Seeds, Incognegro, Beasts Of Burden, Conspiracy Of Ravens in August 2018 Solicitations - May 23, 2018
- Leviathan, Cold Spots, Perdy, Hey Kids! Comics, Crowded, Stairway and L’il Donnie Launch From Image in August 2018 Solicits - May 23, 2018
- Peter Milligan Signing at Orbital Comics in London Tonight - May 23, 2018
- Gerard Way Returns to Marvel Comics for Spider-Geddon - May 22, 2018
- Marvel to Let People Know What on Earth ‘X-Classified’ is… in June - May 22, 2018