The CW series Life Sentence has been pulling in very low rating numbers, and most are considering it a foregone conclusion that The CW won’t be bringing it back. But series creator Richard Keith pointed out on his Twitter account that the show has not been cancelled and that no decision will be made until next week.
As a guy who has been covering television for a few years now, it’s not hard to read the writing on the wall when the show gets moved to Fridays and pulled in only 500k viewers and a 0.1 rating on April 27th. But I also know as a writer that you believe in what you are doing, and it is possible that the network sees a future for the series.
Life Sentence tells the story of Stella Abbott (Lucy Hale) who is diagnosed with terminal cancer and decides to live what life she has to the fullest, living life like there is no tomorrow — because for her there isn’t. But then a miracle happens and Stella has been cured… and now has to deal with the ramifications of all those poor decisions she made. The series also stars Elliot Knight, Jayson Blair, and Brooke Lyons. Six of the 13 episodes have aired so far with the remainder airs straight through until the finale on June 15th.
Life Sentence first air Wednesday March 7th, but was moved to Fridays after repeated poor numbers. The finale season of The Originals debuted in the Wednesday night slot.
Also just for the sake of accuracy, it’s probably worth noting that #LifeSentence has NOT been cancelled… no decision will be made until next week…
— Richard Keith (@richkeith) April 30, 2018
- Black Lightning Season 1: Jefferson Pierce, the Best New Character of the Season - May 26, 2018
- Supergirl Season 3: Brainiac 5, the Best New Character of the Season - May 26, 2018
- Legends of Tomorrow Season 3: Beebo, the Best New Character of the Season - May 26, 2018
- Arrow Season 6: Cayden James, the Best New Character of the Season - May 26, 2018
- The Flash Season 4: Ralph Dibny, the Best New Character of the Season - May 26, 2018