The game of executive musical chairs continues at IDW Publishing, where former Hasbro Group Editor John Barber has been hired as new Editor-in-Chief (after a two-year stint as a writer). THR first reported the news, which follows the departure of former Editor-in-Chief Chris Ryall in March. Additionally, Anita Frazier has joined the company as Vice President of Sales and Marketing. Frazier has previously worked at DC Comics, Sony Pictures, and Vivendi Games.
“To me, the title of editor in chief has a resonance — and a legacy — in comics,” said Barber of his promotion. “It’s something to live up to, a position I find pretty inspiring. So I don’t know if I can really express my excitement at being back at IDW in this new role. As editor in chief, I’m in a position to help guide the company into a new era, working with our creators and our partners to make the best comics out there. IDW has some of the biggest and most fun properties in pop culture under our publishing umbrella, and I think some of the stuff we already have planned for the future will spin some heads. The comics world is constantly changing, and IDW’s always changed with the times — keeping its core values and looking toward tomorrow. And being right in the thick of that is just where I want to be.”
Other recent changes at IDW include Ted Adams stepping down as Publisher last November, PR Manager Steven Scott leaving at the same time as Ryall, and Sarah Gaydos bailing for Oni Press earlier this month. Ryall later took a job at Skybound.
- A #MeToo Moment for the Time Variance Authority, Plus: In These Issues, X-Men Will Die! [X-ual Healing 8-22-18] - August 19, 2018
- Did Seth Rollins Raid Thanos’s Wardrobe for SummerSlam Outfit? [SPOILERS] - August 19, 2018
- Trish Stratus Returns for Evolution Dream Match Against Alexa Bliss - August 19, 2018
- Celestial Judgement is Upon the Marvel Universe, Plus Previews for All of Marvel’s 8/22 Releases - August 18, 2018
- Storm Tempted by the Dark Side in Previews for All of Next Week’s X-Men Comics - August 18, 2018