Every so often (but seemingly less so since we started this column), comic book publishers send out previews of upcoming comics without any of the words added. The result, while nice to look at, fails to give readers a sense of what the final product will actually be like, which is, after all, the purpose of a preview.
Thankfully, there’s a better way! We’ve wasted decades reading comic books, so we can pretty much tell what’s happening in any comic just by looking at the pictures. In that spirit, we’ve completed these unlettered previews ourselves, using our best guess at what the dialogue will be. We can’t guarantee 100% accuracy, but we can guarantee that it’s more fun than looking at the unlettered art.
In this issue of Improbable Previews, we take a look at a preview of the new Captain America #1, by Ta-Nehisi Coates Dugan and Leinil Yu. This episode is split between Moscow and New York, as both Marvel and rival publisher DC face existential threats to their very existence. What happens? You’ll have to wait until July 4th to find out, but for now…
- First Look at DC Super Hero Girls Cartoon from Lauren Faust - May 21, 2018
- Check Out Amanda Conner and Dave Johnson’s Variant for Plastic Man #1 - May 21, 2018
- G. Willow Wilson on Gatekeeping Ms. Marvel’s Entry to the Marvel Cinematic Universe - May 21, 2018
- Terry Blas and Claudia Aguirre’s Hotel Dare Brings Magical All-Ages Amenities to BOOM! in 2019 - May 21, 2018
- Report: WWE’s Deal with Fox for SmackDown is Worth $1 Billion, but Show Might Go to 3 Hours - May 21, 2018