Every so often (but seemingly less so since we started this column), comic book publishers send out previews of upcoming comics without any of the words added. The result, while nice to look at, fails to give readers a sense of what the final product will actually be like, which is, after all, the purpose of a preview.
Thankfully, there’s a better way! We’ve wasted decades reading comic books, so we can pretty much tell what’s happening in any comic just by looking at the pictures. In that spirit, we’ve completed these unlettered previews ourselves, using our best guess at what the dialogue will be. We can’t guarantee 100% accuracy, but we can guarantee that it’s more fun than looking at the unlettered art.
In this issue of Improbable Previews, we take a look at a preview of the new Captain America #1, by Ta-Nehisi Coates Dugan and Leinil Yu. This episode is split between Moscow and New York, as both Marvel and rival publisher DC face existential threats to their very existence. What happens? You’ll have to wait until July 4th to find out, but for now…
- New GWAR OGN The Enormogantic Fail Revisits the Obliteration of Flab Quarv 7 - October 17, 2018
- R.I.P. ResurrXion? Weapon X Missing from Marvel’s January Solicits - October 16, 2018
- Finally, Chuck Austen’s Early X-Men Work Returns to Print at Marvel - October 16, 2018
- Is Ms. Marvel Cancelled? G. Willow Wilson Says It’s Just Taking a “Skip Month” - October 16, 2018
- Chuck Wendig’s Shadow of Vader Not Solicited for January… Has It Been Canceled Completely? - October 16, 2018