It seems as if Image Comics are having to do this more and more these days. But the publisher has informed retailers that the upcoming original graphic novel Swing by Matt Hawkins, Jenny Cheung and Linda Sejic contains adult content and they are encouraged to bear this in mind when selling the title to customers.
I mean, they should probably have been able to tell.
Spinning off from the universe of SUNSTONE comes a slice-of-life romantic story about a couple trying to regain the sexual energy from the beginning of their relationship by swinging with other couples. An emotional journey of two people fighting to stay in love.
And in a twist that is certain to get tongues wagging, Swing is written by wife-and-husband Jenni Cheung and Matt Hawkins. And a sequel to Sunstone. And drawn by a Sejic… seriously did no one get the memo?
Originally planned for 2016, then April 2018, Anyway, the book’s Final Order Cut-off Date has been extended to today to allow retailers to adjust their orders if they need to, in time for publication in May 30th in comic shops, May 15th in digital and June 5th in bookstores.
Here’s some previewing…
- SOLO Continues the Fireflying of the Star Wars Universe – A Review - May 24, 2018
- Rebellion to Publish Comics Based On Their Sniper Elite Games in August - May 24, 2018
- 2000AD Publisher Relaunches Classic British Comics as the Rebellion-Verse - May 24, 2018
- Michael Uslan Brings Back Dinosaucers in Lion Forge’s August 2018 Solicits - May 24, 2018
- Dave Sim Creates Nick Calm, Agent of C.O.D.P.I.E.C.E. - May 24, 2018