MLB games take place every single day (for the most part), and with so many choices, which ones should you make sure to try and catch at least an inning or two of?
Welcome to our new daily column, picking out some games on the baseball slate each day that should be on your radar. On any given day, there are 15 or so games that you can peruse, and you don’t want to get stuck watching the wrong ones! So here they are, the games that we think you should seek out for Saturday, April 28.
St.Louis Cardinals at Pittsburgh Pirates- 7:05 EST First Pitch
One of my favorite prospects in baseball takes the mound for the Cards Saturday. Jack Flaherty makes his second start in the big leagues tonight, subbing in for Adam Wainwright. The first time he did it earlier this month he struck out 9 in five innings of solid work. With a four-seamer in the low 90’s and a good cutter, he looks for success against a Pirates team that has walked off its last two games.
— Pirates (@Pirates) April 28, 2018
The Pirates and Cards always beat each other up. Should be a good one.
Los Angeles Dodgers at San Francisco Giants- 10:05 EST First Pitch
Game 2 of today’s double-header will feature the superior pitching match-up, as Alex Wood has to face the hottest starting pitcher in baseball in Johnny Cueto. Cueto has been nothing short of brilliant since returning from the DL- in his last two starts he has thrown 13 scoreless innings and only allowed 4 hits and 2 walks, striking out 18. His ERA is .35 and no that is not a misprint. While surely he will give up a run at some point, this game will be worth tuning into to watch him while he is on this run.
— San Francisco Giants (@SFGiants) April 27, 2018
Today’s Full MLB Schedule looks like this:
Reds at Twins- 2:10 EST First Pitch
White Sox at Royals- 2:15 EST First Pitch (Game one of a double-header)Mets at Padres- 8:40 EST First
Brewers at Cubs: 2:20 EST First Pitch
Dodgers at Giants: 4:05 EST First Pitch (First game of a double-header)
Rays at Red Sox: 4:05 EST First Pitch
Diamondbacks at Nationals- 4:05 EST First Pitch
Rangers at Blue Jays- 4:07 EST First Pitch
Mariners at Indians- 4:10 EST First Pitch
Braves at Phillies- 6:05 EST First Pitch
Tigers at Orioles- 7:05 EST First Pitch
Rockies at Marlins- 7:10 EST First Pitch
A’s at Astros- 7:10 EST First Pitch
White Sox at Royals- 8:15 EST First Pitch
Mets at Padres- 8:40 EST First Pitch
Yankees at Angels- 9:07 EST First Pitch
- Here's Chris Pratt's First Star Lord Mask Test From GotG [Video]
- James Gunn Suggested *That* Introductory Song in Avengers: Infinity War, Because of Course He Did
- 'Scary Stories To Tell in The Dark' Film Coming from Guillermo del Toro
- Real Talk- Is Chris Evans Coming Back After 'Avengers 4'?
- Alden Ehrenreich Talks Lord and Miller's Departure on 'Solo'- Sudden but not Unexpected
- Lord and Miller Explain Why Alden Ehrenreich Was Their Pick For Han Solo from the Beginning
- Pooh, Piglet, Eeyore and Tigger Sunbathe In New 'Christopher Robin' Image
- Ninjak Vs Valiant Universe Saved... For Six Months Anyway...
- Never Mind the Trailer, Sherlock Gnomes is a Much Better Film Than You Thought it Would Be
- [Spoiler Free] Avengers: Infinity War Review: 10 Years in the Making and Worth It
- Nerd Food: Pixar Candy Available at Pixar Fest in Disneyland
- Lionsgate Presentation Live Blog at CinemaCon
- BC Toy Spotting: Fortnite, Funko, LEGO Movie 2, Star Wars, WWE, and More! - December 16, 2018
- Batman Your Kitchen With These New Seven 20 Products - December 13, 2018
- Magneto Gets a New Sixth Scale Figure From Sideshow Collectibles - December 13, 2018
- Greg Kinnear Will Enter Jordan Peele’s Twilight Zone - December 13, 2018
- Friday The 13th Part 3 Corpse Pamela Voorhees Figure Coming From NECA - December 13, 2018