If you’re not familiar with Space Channel 5, we don’t really blame you. The game was a Sega Dreamcast title that saw more popularity in Japan and was one of the most popular titles over there for the console at the time it was released. There have been some “Special Edition” versions that THQ made later for the PS2, but none really compared to the original that came out in 1999. That’s all going to change with an added bonus as Sega are re-releasing the game as a VR title, and giving it a new name in the states as Kinda Funky News Flash. Sega made the formal announcement on their Japanese Twitter feed today.
Hi, #SpaceChannel5 fans!
With great pleasure, we would like to announce our new Space Channel 5 VR game, “Space Channel 5 VR Kinda Funky News Flash!”
— セガ公式アカウント (@SEGA_OFFICIAL) April 27, 2018
By all accounts, the game looks like the original, only done in a VR format to give it a little extra kick. As indicated above, it will make its debut at VRLA, which takes place on May 4th-5th at the LA Convention Center.
- Sonic Mania Plus Confirmed for Release in July
- Sonic Mania Has Sold Over a Million Copies
- Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia Releases New Trailer at England's Inception
- Night Trap is Coming to Nintendo Switch Later This Summer
- Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia Receives a Battling Video
- Realm Royale Has Taken a Major Dive in Players Since Launch - August 17, 2018
- PUBG Mobile Boasts 100 Million Downloads Since Launch - August 17, 2018
- Another Pokémon GO Datamine Finds Mention of a Fourth Generation - August 17, 2018
- A Hat in Time to Make a Special Announcement on a Livestream Next Week - August 17, 2018
- Square Enix and Coca-Cola Join Forces for a Shadow of the Tomb Raider Event - August 17, 2018