In the latest earnings report from Nintendo, we now have confirmation from the company that they plan to reveal the details of the online subscription service coming to the Switch and everything that it will entail. If you don’t feel like browsing through the PDF, here’s the summary of what the company had to say when it came to the reveal.
Nintendo Switch Online, a paid subscription service that will expand the online functionality of Nintendo Switch, will begin in September of this year. The service will provide consumers with a richness of online features that allow them to continuously enjoy Nintendo Switch. More information will be presented on our website in early May.
Details have already been speculated and leaked a bit as to what the service would kind of be like with a $20 subscription for a year, which wouldn’t be a terrible offer since Nintendo’s system is pretty solid (with the exception of no voice chat to talk with other players). Hopefully, the news will include some kind of information for a Switch version of the Virtual Console so people can use the same games they downloaded for the Wii and Wii U on the current console, but we’re guessing that will be a no-go as the company is slowly shutting down everything having to do with the Wii U and probably isn’t going to backtrack.
- Nintendo Will Now Have An Executive Board Greenlight New Titles
- UPS Store Decided to Join in the Nintendo Labo Fun on Twitter
- Nintendo Intends to Focus on Super Smash Bros at E3 This Year
- Adventure Time: Pirates of the Enchiridion Gets a Trailer and Release Date
- Breath of the Wild Becomes The Legend of Zelda's Best-Selling Title
- The Next Splatoon 2 Splatfest Will Have You Choosing Your Favorite TMNT
- The Nintendo Switch Has Sold Over 17 Million Units
- Activision Brags About Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Opening Day Sales - October 14, 2018
- Hearthstone 2018 HCT Fall Championship Finals: bloodyface vs. lnguagehackr - October 14, 2018
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Will Take Up 89 GB on Xbox One - October 14, 2018
- Pokémon Café in Tokyo Will Have a Special Pokémon: Let’s Go Menu - October 14, 2018
- Hearthstone HCT Fall Championship: Day 2 – Semifinals - October 14, 2018