Every so often (but seemingly less so since we started this column), comic book publishers send out previews of upcoming comics without any of the words added. The result, while nice to look at, fails to give readers a sense of what the final product will actually be like, which is, after all, the purpose of a preview.
Thankfully, there’s a better way! We’ve wasted decades reading comic books, so we can pretty much tell what’s happening in any comic just by looking at the pictures. In that spirit, we’ve completed these unlettered previews ourselves, using our best guess at what the dialogue will be. We can’t guarantee 100% accuracy, but we can guarantee that it’s more fun than looking at the unlettered art.
In this issue of Improbable Previews, we take a look at a preview of Infinity Wars Prime #1, by Gerry Dugan and Mike Deodato Jr. Have you ever wondered how the Mad Titan, Thanos, convinces his followers to fight in his nihilistic quest for death and destruction? Wonder no longer, as we get a sneak peek into a Thanos rally in the now-lettered pages below…
- X-Men Disassembled Gets an Oversized (and Priced) Finale in January’s Uncanny X-Men #10 - October 16, 2018
- Doctor Strange Celebrates 400th Issue Milestone With Six Dollar Comic - October 16, 2018
- Marvel vs. DC: Which Universe’s Foundation Will Be Rocked the Hardest in January? - October 16, 2018
- Now Jim Cheung Draws a Nearly Footless Uncanny X-Men Variant - October 16, 2018
- Suicide Squad Canceled With January’s #50… Just in Time for an Azzarello Relaunch? - October 15, 2018