A Kickstarter for a new Hellboy board game from Dark Horse and Mantic Games is currently sitting at about 1.16 million dollars in pledges, more than 8 times its initial goal of $139,323. Launched just three days ago, the Kickstarter exceeded its goal within 8 minutes of going live, and has continued to entice backers, who currently number over 9,000.
Judging by the numbers, many of you have probably already pledged, but if this is the first you’re hearing about this, here’s what the game’s all about:
Inspired by Mike Mignola’s Hellboy comic book universe, the game is a co-operative experience in which players face off against some of the comic’s most famous foes. Up to four people take control of iconic BRPD members, such as Hellboy, Abe Sapien and Roger the Homunculus, before exploring gothic locations and uncovering ancient artifacts.
Featuring stunning, pre-assembled plastic miniatures, Mantic Games has worked closely with Dark Horse Comics and Mike Mignola to ensure the gaming pieces accurately capture the look and feel of the source material. What’s more, top games designer James M. Hewitt – who has previously worked on Warhammer Quest: Silver Tower, Necromunda: Underhive and Blood Bowl 2016 – has been drafted in to create a compelling game experience.
“We have been overwhelmed by the incredible support of Hellboy fans,” said Ronnie Renton, CEO of Mantic Games in the press release. “This is already shaping up to be one of our most successful Kickstarter campaigns ever and we’ve still got several weeks to go. We’re planning to add more infamous adversaries and iconic agents as the funding continues to rise!”
“Congratulations Mantic Games,” said Mignola. “Clearly the fans have spoken!”
If you haven’t spoken yet, head over to Kickstarter to get your copy today for $132.
- Jean Grey Gets Weird With Nightcrawler in X-Men Red #9 Preview - October 19, 2018
- Would Thor Make a Good Loki? A Preview of What If? Thor #1 - October 19, 2018
- Improbable Previews: An HR Violation for the Mutant Liberation Front in Uncanny X-Men #1 - October 19, 2018
- Does Logan Make a Promise He Can’t Keep in Return of Wolverine #2? (Preview) - October 19, 2018
- Skottie Young Plays the High-Stakes Game of Footsie with Uncanny X-Men #1 Variant - October 19, 2018