We’ve all known this for quite some time now, but research firm Superdata has confirmed the obvious: Fortnite is now the largest free-to-play console game of all time, both in terms of player count as well as earnings, raking in a combined $223 million USD last month alone.
From IGN‘s report:
Fortnite’s revenue is up 73% from February, when it brought in $126 million, eclipsing PUBG’s $103 million. Since its launch on iOS, the mobile version has raked in more than $25 million in the space of a month, with an average daily spend of $1 million.
According to Superdata’s report, while Fortnite didn’t make it into the top 10 highest grossing mobile titles worldwide in March, is was number one in terms of revenue on iOS in the US. Fortnite was the highest grossing console title last month (worldwide) and the fifth highest on PC.
- Fortnite Now Teasing Fans With New Skins as Meteors Rain Down
- Who Buys Batteries? We Review the Snakebyte Twin: Charge X
- Epic Games Pursuing Lawsuit Against a 14-Year-Old Fortnite Cheater
- Why Post Malone Streaming Blackout Won’t Increase Call of Duty’s Popularity - October 19, 2018
- Marvel Battle Lines Will Not Include the Liefeld Captain America Cover - October 19, 2018
- Final Fantasy XIV Gets Spooky with the All Saint’s Wake Event - October 18, 2018
- Here is Everything You Need to Know About Battletech: Flashpoint - October 18, 2018
- Dauntless Reveals its New Riftstalker Behemoth and Dark Harvest Event - October 18, 2018