We’ve all known this for quite some time now, but research firm Superdata has confirmed the obvious: Fortnite is now the largest free-to-play console game of all time, both in terms of player count as well as earnings, raking in a combined $223 million USD last month alone.
From IGN‘s report:
Fortnite’s revenue is up 73% from February, when it brought in $126 million, eclipsing PUBG’s $103 million. Since its launch on iOS, the mobile version has raked in more than $25 million in the space of a month, with an average daily spend of $1 million.
According to Superdata’s report, while Fortnite didn’t make it into the top 10 highest grossing mobile titles worldwide in March, is was number one in terms of revenue on iOS in the US. Fortnite was the highest grossing console title last month (worldwide) and the fifth highest on PC.
- Fortnite Now Teasing Fans With New Skins as Meteors Rain Down
- Who Buys Batteries? We Review the Snakebyte Twin: Charge X
- Epic Games Pursuing Lawsuit Against a 14-Year-Old Fortnite Cheater
- Jagex Opens Up Third-Party Publishing Initiative Ahead of Gamescom - August 15, 2018
- The 2018 Call of Duty World Championship Starts Today - August 15, 2018
- Marvel’s Spider-Man Has Invaded the New York City Subway System - August 15, 2018
- 4A Games and Deep Silver Open Up Pre-Orders for Metro Exodus - August 15, 2018
- Activision Shows Off New Spyro Reignited Hurricos Gameplay - August 15, 2018