We’ve all known this for quite some time now, but research firm Superdata has confirmed the obvious: Fortnite is now the largest free-to-play console game of all time, both in terms of player count as well as earnings, raking in a combined $223 million USD last month alone.
From IGN‘s report:
Fortnite’s revenue is up 73% from February, when it brought in $126 million, eclipsing PUBG’s $103 million. Since its launch on iOS, the mobile version has raked in more than $25 million in the space of a month, with an average daily spend of $1 million.
According to Superdata’s report, while Fortnite didn’t make it into the top 10 highest grossing mobile titles worldwide in March, is was number one in terms of revenue on iOS in the US. Fortnite was the highest grossing console title last month (worldwide) and the fifth highest on PC.
- Fortnite Now Teasing Fans With New Skins as Meteors Rain Down
- Who Buys Batteries? We Review the Snakebyte Twin: Charge X
- Epic Games Pursuing Lawsuit Against a 14-Year-Old Fortnite Cheater
- Final Fantasy XIV and Final Fantasy XV are Hosting a Crossover - December 12, 2018
- Amy Hennig to Receive Life Achievement Award at GDC 2019 - December 12, 2018
- Fallout 76 Now Under Fire for Lazy Ultrawide Mode Update - December 12, 2018
- Wintersday Festival Kicks Off in Guild Wars 2 Today - December 12, 2018
- Final Fantasy XV’s Comrades Mode Goes Solo Today - December 12, 2018