We’ve all known this for quite some time now, but research firm Superdata has confirmed the obvious: Fortnite is now the largest free-to-play console game of all time, both in terms of player count as well as earnings, raking in a combined $223 million USD last month alone.
From IGN‘s report:
Fortnite’s revenue is up 73% from February, when it brought in $126 million, eclipsing PUBG’s $103 million. Since its launch on iOS, the mobile version has raked in more than $25 million in the space of a month, with an average daily spend of $1 million.
According to Superdata’s report, while Fortnite didn’t make it into the top 10 highest grossing mobile titles worldwide in March, is was number one in terms of revenue on iOS in the US. Fortnite was the highest grossing console title last month (worldwide) and the fifth highest on PC.
- Fortnite Now Teasing Fans With New Skins as Meteors Rain Down
- Who Buys Batteries? We Review the Snakebyte Twin: Charge X
- Epic Games Pursuing Lawsuit Against a 14-Year-Old Fortnite Cheater
- Gamers Involved in December’s Deadly Swatting Prank Have Been Indicted - May 24, 2018
- John Peter “TotalBiscuit” Bain Dead at 33 Due to Cancer Complications - May 24, 2018
- Cable Bodyslides His Way into Marvel Strike Force - May 24, 2018
- Battalion 1944 Launches Major Wartide 2.0 Update Ahead of Tournament - May 24, 2018
- You Can Now Join Picard’s Crew in Star Trek: Bridge Crew on PS4 - May 24, 2018