I think we need to talk about the last few seconds of the preview for next week’s Arrow. When the preview aired after the episode, it didn’t include the teaser that is part of what they released on-line. Huge spoilers in it, so you can chose to watch it and we’ll discuss it below the video… or you could leave and go in not knowing.
Okay, that was probably the last thing I would’ve expected had I not seen this on Colin Donnell’s twitter yesterday.
— COLIN DONNELL (@colindonnell) April 26, 2018
We knew Donnell was making his return as Tommy Merlyn in the episode Docket No. 11-19-41-73, but how he would return is a mystery since Tommy had been dead since the end of season one. So who is that posing as the Green Arrow? It’s a damn fine questions and I have a few thoughts on who it could be.
- It could be Tommy from Earth-2 that Laurel goes and gets to help Oliver after she realizes that Diaz is a monster.
- It’s Christopher Chance (Wil Traval) aka the Human Target done up as Tommy Merlyn to try and save Oliver.
- It’s actually Tommy from Earth-1 who is alive because Malcolm found the Lazarus Pits and brought his son back to life, and that’s a set up for season 7.
- Oliver has finally lost it and it’s all taking place in his mind…
- Felicity has figured out how to build an awesome android or she called on Ray Palmer to grab Tommy out of a earlier time line to help.
- Marc Guggenheim has decided that since he’s leaving he can do what he wants and to hell with continuity.
The fact that there really are multiple possibilities and the odds are its going to be something else entirely shows just death has no meaning in these shows.
Arrow airs Thursdays at 9 pm on the CW.
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018