Free League Publishing has opened pre-orders for the latest expansion to their hit tabletop RPG Mutant: Year Zero. The Mechatron expansion is as robot-filled as it sounds.
If you’d like some game fluff to explain the expansion for you, the expansion description reads:
In a huge facility hidden underneath the ocean, an army of robots continues to carry out the final orders of humanity in decaying factories. But now, decades after the humans left, something is changing. Robots are starting to malfunction. To rebel. To express a will of their own. To Awake. Will these self-aware robots save the Collective – or lead it to its final downfall?
The new expansion takes its queues from sci-fi series like Westworld, Blade Runner, and even I, Robot. However, it will remain in the familiar world of Mutant: Year Zero to add some post-apocalyptic flare.
Mechatron is the second major expansion to the award-winning tabletop RPG and will release in early June. The expansion allows players to become the quirkiest of all creatures of the Mutant universe – the robots – and introduces them to the dawnworld. Mutant: Mechatron stands on its own and can be played as a complete game in its own right without use of the base game. So you can pick this up as a standalone game if you don’t feel like getting sucked in to Mutant: Year Zero‘s engrossing campaign.
The expansion comes with the following:
- New rules for creating and playing robots. Build your robot part by part with chassis parts, modules, programs and secondary functions.
- A detailed description of Mechatron-7, a huge underground robot city, including a full-color map.
- The complete Ghost in the Machine campaign, placing the player characters in the middle of a growing conflict that threatens to tear the robot collective apart.
- Guidelines and rules for how the robots can adapt to life in the Zone, the unknown world outside of the Mechatron-7.
You can pre-order a copy of the expansion or find more information here.
- Dauntless Has a New Opening Cinematic in Time for the Open Beta - May 22, 2018
- Earthfall Will Release for PC and Consoles this July - May 22, 2018
- Final Fantasy XIV’s Patch 4.3 is Live with New Raids, Dungeons, and PvP Updates - May 22, 2018
- Activision Blizzard Announces Overwatch LEGO at Licensing Expo 2018 - May 22, 2018
- Destiny 2 Brings Back the Bannerfall Map for Season 3’s First Iron Banner - May 22, 2018