Fashion brand Her Universe is doing something they haven’t tackled yet: menswear. Included in their next fandom line (it’s Solo: A Star Wars Story), are some pieces made for men. That’s not to say that previous items from the brand haven’t been unisex, but this is the first time they’re marketing items for men.
The official press release reads:
Get ready to board the Millennium Falcon in retro style. Her Universe launches today a new Solo: A Star Wars Story Collection featuring 70’s inspired fashions for everyone including cosplay pieces for men and a full unisex “Kessel Crew” tracksuit. Designed with 70’s style silhouettes and retro patterns featuring the Millennium Falcon and other Star Wars motifs, Solo marks the debut of the new Our Universe Men’s Collection. Women’s fashions include flowy tops, bell bottoms and dresses, all with retro patterns.
Here’s a look at the line (all photos courtesy of Her Universe):
The retro feel is strong with this line, obviously. The bellbottoms alone just scream Star Wars opening weekend photos. The track suits with the rainbow stripes too — I feel like we’ve seen these things on That ’70s Show on Jackie and Kelso.
But also THOSE LANDO CAPES. Yes, bring back men’s capes as a true fashion statement. Much smooth. So attitude.
The Solo: A Star Wars Story line is available now at Hot Topic, Her Universe, and BoxLunch stores.
Disney’s Solo solo film starring Alden Ehrenreich as the (in)famous galactic smuggler opens in theaters on May 25th, 2018.
- Her Universe Disney Princess Collection Launches July 17th, During SDCC
- Hot Topic Releases Jurassic Park Collection for the Film's 25th Anniversary
- Black Milk Clothing Re-Releases Its Magical Labyrinth Collection
- [#MayThe4th] Joonas Suotamo Posts Roar for Change and Wookie Bootcamp Videos
- [#MayThe4th] Solo: A Star Wars Story Tickets On Sale At Midnight EST
- GOG Adds Star Wars Episode I: Racer to PC for Limited Time Download
- Another New 'Solo: A Star Wars Story' Video Emerges, "Becoming Solo" Featurette
- 2 New 'Solo' TV Spots Arrive, Teasing More Criminal Elements
- Lord and Miller Explain Why Alden Ehrenreich Was Their Pick For Han Solo from the Beginning
- The Toys That made Us Returns To Netflix May 25th With Transformers, LEGO, and More!
- Her Universe Opens 2018 SDCC Fashion Show Submissions
- Elhoffer Designs Releases Sailor Moon Inspired Magical Girl Collection
- Talking The Business Of Geek Fashion At New York Comic Con 2017
- Hot Topic Shows Off New Geeky Clothing And More At NYCC 2017
- If You Can Dream It, You Can Do It - The Her Universe San Diego Comic-Con Fashion Show
- Loungefly Is Here To Provide You With The Marvel Purse Of Your Dreams
- Catwalk On Infinite Earths: Her Universe Is Great, But Not The Beginning
- ‘Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark’ Coming to Theaters Summer of 2019 - December 14, 2018
- Nightcrawler Looks [badly] Photoshopped in New ‘Dark Phoenix’ Image - December 14, 2018
- Kit Harington’s [Not So Great] Targaryen Skills: Meeting Toothless - December 14, 2018
- Ryan Coogler Talks ‘Black Panther’ Creative Production Team - December 14, 2018
- Pedro Pascal Shares Dave Filoni-drawn ‘The Mandalorian’ Sketch - December 14, 2018