Sega formally announced today that Sonic Mania Plus will be coming out this summer. The game is an expanded version of the original 2017 retro throwback title Sonic Mania from 2017, which received a lot of praise for taking a beloved Genesis classic and updating it for modern consoles. The new version will include two new characters in the form of Mighty and Ray to add more abilities to your cast of characters, as well as four-player mayhem and updates to the modes currently in the game. Here’s Sega’s official description they sent out today/
Sonic Mania Plus builds off the momentum of one of the best platform games of 2017, Sonic Mania, introducing two new playable characters from past Sonic games, Mighty the Armadillo and Ray the Flying Squirrel and an Encore mode that will provide a fresh look to familiar zones with new challenges and layouts for new and veteran players alike. Competition and Time Attack modes will receive an update allowing four player competitions, and ghost challenges for time trials. This content packaged in an all-new physical edition which will come with a 32-page collector’s artbook, a reversible SEGA Genesis cover, and holographic packaging.
The game will be released on July 18th for PC, PS4, Nintendo Switch, and Xbox One for $30, along with a special Encore DLC pack for $5 for those who already own Sonic Mania to add the bonus content in. Enjoy the trailer!
- SEGA Releases a Dev Diary Going Behind-The-Scenes of Sonic Mania
- SEGA Releases Retro Game Trailer for Sonic Mania Plus
- Space Channel 5 Finally Coming to the U.S. as Kinda Funky News Flash
- Sonic Mania Has Sold Over a Million Copies
- Sonic the Hedgehog's Future to Be Revealed at SXSW
- Sonic the Hedgehog Runs Once More: IDW Publishing April 2018 Solicitations
- The Steam Awards Nominations Announced Ahead Of Voting Opening Today
- Brad Wong and Eliot Announced for Dead or Alive 6 Roster - December 13, 2018
- Ninja Will Live Commentate Thursday Night Football on Twitch - December 13, 2018
- SEGA Classics Launches on Amazon Fire TV Today - December 13, 2018
- Scopley and WBIE Launch Looney Tunes: World of Mayhem - December 13, 2018
- Chinese Ethics Board Orders Bans on Several Games Including PUBG and Fortnite - December 12, 2018