It has been said that much of the New Age Of Heroes line has been an attempt by Dan DiDio to out-do Marvel Comics at their very basic. So Damage is The Hulk, just named after Ethan Van Sciver. Sideways is Spider-Man via Portal. Silencer is The Punisher. And The Terrifics are the Fantastic Four.
I mean they are a lot more Doom Patrol in nature. But the scientific bent for exploration of the multiverse does tie into that. Their name, the Teffics evokes the Fantastics.
But Plastic Man has a better idea for their name in today’s Terrifics #3. And he wants to spell it out.
Recognise the font?
They really want to be the Fantastic Four. Or maybe the X-Men will do in a push…
(W) Jeff Lemire (A) Joe Prado (A/CA) Ivan Reis
“MEET THE TERRIFICS” part three! When will this superhero team bound by dark multiversal magic ever get any privacy? It certainly won’t be today, because while Mr. Terrific feverishly works to free himself from Metamorpho, Plastic Man and Phantom Girl-but mostly Plastic Man-the team must also contend with the towering, rolling death-inferno that is the War Wheel. In Shops: Apr 25, 2018 SRP: $2.99
- Daily LITG – 23rd September 2018 – Still Bubblin’ - September 23, 2018
- Dave Elliott Teases GWNN Ahead of New York Comic-Con, at Thought Bubble 2018 - September 22, 2018
- Brief Glimpse of The Wicked + The Divine Immersive Experience at Thought Bubble 2018 - September 22, 2018
- Paul Cornell – Saucer State Will Be Crowdfunded - September 22, 2018
- What Did Warren Ellis Say to Kieron Gillen at Thought Bubble 2018? (VIDEO) - September 22, 2018