During Disney’s presentation at CinemaCon, a lot of things happened. We sort of knew that going in — that there was the likelihood of Avengers stuff, upcoming announced projects (like other MCU properties), and maybe a look at Solo and Aladdin.
As they often do in this type of convention, Disney released their planned slate of films, but this time broken up by seasons of the year from 2018 until 2020. Most of these were things we already knew were coming, and while there weren’t set dates, we get a general idea of when we’ll be seeing the films hit theaters.
Avengers: Infinity War, Solo: A Star Wars Story, Incredibles II, and Ant-Man and The Wasp are all listed in the “spring” section of the timeline.
Summer has one lone film, Christopher Robin.
Fall has The Nutcracker and the Four Realms, Ralph Breaks the Internet (Wreck It Ralph 2), and Mary Poppins Returns. Strange, kind of, because I’m sure we were expecting that to be a Christmas release?
The year ends with winter, and the releases of Captain Marvel (squeeee), and Dumbo. What’s strange is on the graphic shown during the panel, it has the new Disneynature documentary Penguins listed at the tail end of winter-beginning of 2019’s spring, and we know their expected release date is Earth Day 2019.
Spring brings the still-untitled Avengers 4, which is listed on the graphic as Avengers: Untitled. Hey, could be a great title! It’s followed by Aladdin, and Toy Story 4.
The new live-action The Lion King from Jon Favreau straddles the line between spring and summer, followed by Artemis Fowl.
Looks like Frozen 2 is right on the Fall break.
Winter has one lone entry, you guessed it — Star Wars: IX.
So, mostly things we knew about, no real surprises there. We’ll let you know as soon as Disney confirms the actual release dates of these films. Keep an eye on our CinemaCon liveblogs for the most up-to-date news from the event.
- The Live-Action Aladdin Remake Will Have 2 New Songs
- Mary Poppins Returns Is Not a Remake but Continuing the Story with a New Cast
- Gal Gadot Has Joined the Cast of Ralph Breaks the Internet: Wreck-It Ralph 2
- The Disney Princesses' Get Casual in This New Image from Ralph Breaks the Internet: Wreck-It Ralph 2
- Evan Rachel Wood and Sterling K Brown May be Joining 'Frozen 2'
- Jon Favreau Says [SPOILER] Is In Avengers: 4
- New Trailer Hits for the 20th MCU Film, Ant-Man and the Wasp
- Evangeline Lilly Posts New Ant-Man and the Wasp Poster, Trailer Coming Tomorrow
- ICYMI, 'Ant-Man And The Wasp' Happens Before 'Avengers: Infinity War'
- Pooh, Piglet, Eeyore and Tigger Sunbathe In New 'Christopher Robin' Image
- Some Avengers: Infinity War Cast Reveal What They Stole From Set
- Paramount Shows First Footage for Bumblebee During CinemaCon
- Let's Take A Look At The Incredibles Funko Pops!
- 'The Basis Of Sex' Star Felicity Jones Compares Ruth Bader Ginsburg to Rocky Balboa
- Universal Shows 'Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom' Opening Scene During #CinemaCon
- Halloween Details Emerge from CinemaCon 2018 Universal Presentation
- Universal Studios Presentation Live Blog at Cinemacon
- WB Shows Sizzle Reel Featuring Aquaman Footage at CinemaCon
- Warner Bros Presentation Live Blog at Cinemacon
- Will Smith's Genie is "a Little Bit Hitch, a Little Fresh Prince, and a Whole Lot of Attitude"
- NATO President on Millennials Killing Movies: It's a Complete Myth [#CinemaCon2018]
- [#CinemaCon2018] The Walt Disney Studios Presentation/"State of the Industry" LIVE-BLOG!
- #CinemaCon2018- New Ant-Man and Wasp Poster Before Disney Presentation
- Sony Announces Christmas 2019 Release Date For Jumanji 3
- CinemaCon Sony Presentation Live Blog
- The Incredibles 2 Take Their Place at #CinemaCon 2018
- ‘Halloween’ 2018: Jamie Lee Curtis Rightfully Gets to Boast - October 22, 2018
- ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ will Premiere at Wembley in London - October 22, 2018
- Warner Bros. Shifts ‘Wonder Woman 1984’ to 2020 - October 22, 2018
- Let’s Talk About ‘The Curious Creations of Christine McConnell’ - October 22, 2018
- Netflix Orders Second Season of Animated Series ‘Disenchantment’ - October 22, 2018