Avengers: Infinity War has officially premiered, and that means it’s time to see what first impressions are being shared. The social media embargo has lifted, and so BEWARE OF TWITTER and any/all social media posting places if you don’t want to know.
Also, don’t forget the unofficial tagline from directors The Russo Brothers, #ThanosDemandsSilence (meaning don’t freaking spoil the movie, folks).
The first one we’ll share is from filmmaker and resident fanboy of everything, Kevin Smith.
He said: “I am overwhelmed. The movie is epic beyond compare. LOVED it. My legs are still shaking. It’s a gigantic @Marvel masterpiece. So much to say but I’ll stay Silent Bob til Monday so as not to slip in spoilers. Suffice to say it’s gonna be a looooong year until @Avengers 4..”
I am overwhelmed. The movie is epic beyond compare. LOVED it. My legs are still shaking. It’s a gigantic @Marvel masterpiece. So much to say but I’ll stay Silent Bob til Monday so as not to slip in spoilers. Suffice to say it’s gonna be a looooong year until @Avengers 4… pic.twitter.com/aHnsgj5MK0
— KevinSmith (@ThatKevinSmith) April 24, 2018
Pretty bold words.
There was this mention from Danielle Solzman of Consequence of Sound, revealing that there will be only one post-credits scene:
My thoughts on #InfinityWar #AvengersInfinityWar #Avengers: I'm going to write my review as soon as I get back to the apartment. I didn't look at my watch until the film was almost over. There is only a scene after the credits so be sure to thank all the hard workers #Marvel
— Danielle Solzman (@DanielleSATM) April 24, 2018
#AvengersInfinityWar wrecked me and it's probably going to wreck you. Can't wait to see it again.
— Kirsten (@KirstenAcuna) April 24, 2018
Aaron Sagers said that the Thanos mocap was good:
Since we’re talking about #avengersinfinitywar I’ll say that Thanos/Josh Brolin is great. The mo-cap works here, folks.
— Aaron Sagers (@aaronsagers) April 24, 2018
Jaw on ground. You are not ready for 'Avengers: Infinity War'. All you have to know is AVOID ALL SPOILERS! Seriously. Go in knowing as little as possible. The @Russo_Brothers did the impossible. Wow. pic.twitter.com/noKZ5cQWdc
— Steven Weintraub (@colliderfrosty) April 24, 2018
Blackfilm’s Wilson Morales said:
From beginning to end, #AvengersInfinityWar is non-stop action. It’s really dynamic and jaw-dropping, but at times, it could have stopped for air and give us more substance on plot points. Loved it when the audience clapped as soon as #BlackPanther & #okoye entered the scene.
— Wilson Morales (@blackfilm) April 24, 2018
ComingSoon associate editor Max Evry said a lot, across multiple tweets, so have at:
Anyone who writes a review of #AvengersInfinityWar has their work cut out for them, because you’re literally reviewing half a movie. That said, for the first half of a six hour epic it’s pretty nuts, full of more pluses than minuses, but certainly not a full experience.
— Max Evry (@maxevry) April 24, 2018
We LOVE this image from the afterparty that Tammilee posted featuring a large Avengers A logo:
— Tammileetips (@Tammileetips) April 24, 2018
Wendy Lee Szany of Collider (and more) said:
You are not ready for what #AvengersInfinityWar is about to bring. I have so many emotions… This is a roller coaster filled with twists and turns. If you haven’t bought your ticket, what are you doing? Go. See. It.
— Wendy Lee Szany (@WendyLeeSzany) April 24, 2018
The Hollywood Reporter’s Ryan Parker said simply:
One of the best films I’ve ever seen. I am emotionally drained. #InfinityWarPremiere
— Ryan Parker (@TheRyanParker) April 24, 2018
Another member of the Collider pack John Steven Rocha said:
My God. #AvengersInfinityWar was Incredible. Incredible. Incredible. The visuals, the story, the GUTS. The action is non stop, the movie grips you and never lets you go. EVERYONE gets a moment to shine. And that ending…My God that ending…Best film the MCU has ever done!
— John Steven Rocha (@TheRochaSays) April 24, 2018
Rudie Obias of Screenrant, CinemaBlend, etc said:
AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR is very weighty and juggles most of its characters with consideration. It’s the closest thing to a Paul Thomas Anderson movie you’ll find in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. I Am Shook! #Marvel #AvengersInfinityWar pic.twitter.com/YgntkXFIkv
— Rudie Obias (@RudieObias) April 24, 2018
Peter Sciretta owner of Slashfilm said:
#InfinityWar is everything you want, nothing you expect. It’s funny, surprising, dark, filled with delightful interplay between characters never seen on screen before. I know many filmmakers say they are trying to make a sequel in the vein of Empire Strikes Back, this succeeds.
— Peter Sciretta (@slashfilm) April 24, 2018
The Verge TV/Film editor Tasha Robinson said:
Another thing: I've been reviewing films for decades now, and I have never heard an audience react to the end of a film like the #InfinityWar audience reacted tonight. It was an astonishing experience. (And it's another reason I want to see the film again in a packed house.)
— Tasha Robinson (@TashaRobinson) April 24, 2018
Needless to say, we here at Bleeding Cool promise to keep to Thanos’ demand of silence on major spoilers and plot points til at least next week.
- James Gunn Suggested *That* Introductory Song in Avengers: Infinity War, Because of Course He Did
- Some Avengers: Infinity War Cast Reveal What They Stole From Set
- Avengers: Infinity War Screenwriters Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely Talk Thanos and Death
- MLB Games You Should Watch on Tuesday, April 24
- Robert Downey Jr.'s Moving Speech During Avengers: Infinity War Premiere
- #CinemaCon2018- New Ant-Man and Wasp Poster Before Disney Presentation
- Jimmy Kimmel Live Debuts New Avengers: Infinity War Clip Tonight
- Marvel Releases #ThanosDemandsYourSilence PSA Video For 'Avengers: Infinity War' Spoilers
- "100% Down For a Winter Soldier" Solo Film Says Sebastian Stan
- Chris Hemsworth Says New 'Men In Black' Script is in Development
- Joss Whedon On Why He Left Batgirl: Ideas "Crumbled in his Hands"
- Live From the Avengers: Infinity War Purple Carpet Premiere
- Jeff Goldblum Hosts the 'Avengers: Infinity War' Press Day Press Conference
- Fox-Owned Marvel Characters Will Not Appear in MCU til Long After Fox Deal Is Done, Kevin Feige Says
- Withholding 'Avengers 4' Title Backfired, Kevin Feige Says
- Kevin Feige Confirms 'Eternals' Film is Being Actively Developed
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' May be Longest MCU Film Yet, but Avengers 4 Will Be Longer
- The Avengers Played 'Avengers: Infinity War' Family Feud Today
- ‘Halloween’ 2018: Jamie Lee Curtis Rightfully Gets to Boast - October 22, 2018
- ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ will Premiere at Wembley in London - October 22, 2018
- Warner Bros. Shifts ‘Wonder Woman 1984’ to 2020 - October 22, 2018
- Let’s Talk About ‘The Curious Creations of Christine McConnell’ - October 22, 2018
- Netflix Orders Second Season of Animated Series ‘Disenchantment’ - October 22, 2018