Are you excited for Solo: A Star Wars Story? Well, even if you’re not, there’s no denying these Chewie Cake Cups are simply adorable. These are the perfect addition to any Star Wars viewing party!
- 1 box chocolate cake mix + required ingredients
- 1 box chocolate pudding mix + required ingredients
- 1/2 Cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 sticks/1 Cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 Cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/2 Tsp vanilla extract
- Black food coloring
- 3″ half dome silicone baking molds
- Hand or stand mixer
- 6 (9 Oz.) SOLO® Clear Cups
- Brown and silver paint pens
- Pastry bags
- Small, round pastry tip
All cutting should be done by an adult.
CAKE CUP: Prepare chocolate cake according to box instructions.
Fill 6 dome silicone cavities 3/4 high with cake batter. Place on baking tray. Pour remainder of batter in a sheet pan or large cake pan. Bake at 350º F for 16-18 minutes.
Prepare chocolate pudding according to instructions. Keep chilled.
WOOKIEE HEAD: In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips in 30-second increments until completely melted. Set aside to cool.
With an electric hand mixer or stand mixer, beat butter until smooth.
Add powdered sugar and beat on low then high for 2-3 minutes, until fluffy. Next, mix in vanilla extract.
Reserve a small amount of frosting for the eyes, nose, and teeth.
Add cooled chocolate and stir in until fully incorporated.
DECORATE CAKE CUP: Using the brown and silver paint pens, draw Chewbacca’s brown leather bandolier across the front of the cup.
Once cake is completely cooled, drag a fork in the cake pan to create crumbs. Layer chocolate cake crumbs in cup alternating with chocolate pudding until cup is filled.
Add a dome of cake to top of cake cup.
Next, create his fur. Snip the end of a pastry bag. Then, add tip and fill with chocolate frosting and pipe onto the dome cake.
Add black food coloring to some of the reserved white frosting. Then in another pastry bag, add the black frosting. Snip a small amount off the tip and pipe the eyes and nose onto the cake.
In a third pastry bag, add the remaining reserved white frosting. Snip a small amount off the tip and pipe the pupils of the eyes and teeth. Keep Chewie Cake Cups chilled or serve immediately.
- Just Keep Swimming to Get These Limited-Edition Finding Nemo Pins - July 29, 2018
- Q+A with Matt Ellison, Senior Producer on LEGO DC Super-Villains - July 29, 2018
- War Machine Marketing’s Ro Kohli Talks Pantera Mini Guitars, Custom Toys, and More! - July 29, 2018
- A Perfect Han and Leia Close Out Our Last Cosplay Shots from SDCC 2018 - July 27, 2018
- Barzinga with Bleeding Cool’s Kaitlyn Booth: San Diego Comic-Con Aftermath - July 27, 2018