Fans of the 1999 Chaos Comics series The Undertaker by Beau Smith and Manny Park have been clamoring for the return of the obscure comic book character since that series ended its run with issue #13. Well, the folks at BOOM! Studios have heard the call of fans of the Undertaker comic and teamed up with WWE to produce a new original graphic novel starring the character. Unfortunately, it appears this graphic novel will not be set in the same continuity as the 1999 series. From the press release:
BOOM! Studios and WWE announced today WWE: UNDERTAKER, an all-new original graphic novel exploring the career of the legendary Superstar, considered one of the greatest performers in WWE history. For the first time, novelist, journalist, and combat sports expert Chad Dundas (Champion of the World) and artist Rodrigo Lorenzo (WWE) chronicle the unrivaled career of Undertaker, with new revelations and surprises about some of the most pivotal moments in his more than twenty-five year history in sports entertainment.
“I was 12 years old in 1990 when Undertaker debuted in WWE, and from the moment I saw him, he was my guy,” said writer Chad Dundas. “I responded immediately, not only to his obvious physical attributes, but the character development and storytelling that made him such a unique figure in the WWE landscape,”
“I’m so happy that I was chosen to draw this story for so many reasons,” said Rodrigo Lorenzo. “Since I was a kid, Undertaker has been my favorite WWE Superstar and it’s flattering that BOOM! Studios and WWE chose me to bring the legend of the Undertaker to life in their first original graphic novel.”
Look for this in stores in October, with a cover by Oliver Barrett, seen below.
- Long-Awaited Sequel How to Paint Characters the Marvel Studios Way to Hit Stores in April 2019 - August 16, 2018
- Ninja-K #11 Preview is Perfect Jumping-on Point for Jumping-on Point of Ninja-K #11 - August 16, 2018
- Image Unveils Weatherman #4 Variant by Bengal - August 16, 2018
- Archie Revisits His Roots as Riverdale Goes to War in Archie ’41 Preview - August 16, 2018
- Lightstep: Dark Horse to Publish Miloš Slavković’s Space Opera in November - August 16, 2018