If you didn’t already know, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze is coming to the Nintendo Switch next week. The Wii U title was released back in 2014, and it appears the company decided that rather than taking a few years to make a new Donkey Kong title specifically for the Switch, they would release a popular title from their previous console for people who may not have played it to check out. The trailers below are specifically designed to introduce you to the DK family, or at least, refamiliarize yourself with them in case you forgot who this loveable cast of gorillas, apes, and chimpanzees are.
Of course, you get a proper introduction to the man himself, Donkey Kong, as the video shows off some of his moves and abilities in the game. But the one you’ll probably get a better kick out of is Funky Kong, who has been a fixture of the series in one way or another since Donkey Kong Country for the SNES. This is basically the tip of the iceberg, pun intended, as we’re sure to get more trailers for the rest of the family and maybe a couple of the game’s bosses as we head toward the game’s re-release on May 4th.
- New Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze Trailers Feature Dixie and Diddy Kong
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze Taken Off Wii U's Digital Store
- Playing With Hasbro's Monopoly Gamer at PAX East
- Mario Tennis Aces Release Date Seemingly Revealed Due to Early Retail Listing
- Bloomingdale's Is Getting a Nintendo "Let's Play" Spring Fashion Line
- King of Kong Might Be Stripped of His Title, Despite Not Being the Current Champ
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze Is Coming To Nintendo Switch
- Final Fantasy XIV Receives a New Expansion in Shadowbringers - November 16, 2018
- Subnation Partners With DreamHack as Their Cultural Experience Partner - November 16, 2018
- Nintendo Will Not Be Making an N64 Mini, For Now - November 16, 2018
- Overwatch Enters Another Free Weekend to Show Off Ashe - November 16, 2018
- SEGA Releases New Music Tracks From Team Sonic Racing - November 15, 2018