If you didn’t already know, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze is coming to the Nintendo Switch next week. The Wii U title was released back in 2014, and it appears the company decided that rather than taking a few years to make a new Donkey Kong title specifically for the Switch, they would release a popular title from their previous console for people who may not have played it to check out. The trailers below are specifically designed to introduce you to the DK family, or at least, refamiliarize yourself with them in case you forgot who this loveable cast of gorillas, apes, and chimpanzees are.
Of course, you get a proper introduction to the man himself, Donkey Kong, as the video shows off some of his moves and abilities in the game. But the one you’ll probably get a better kick out of is Funky Kong, who has been a fixture of the series in one way or another since Donkey Kong Country for the SNES. This is basically the tip of the iceberg, pun intended, as we’re sure to get more trailers for the rest of the family and maybe a couple of the game’s bosses as we head toward the game’s re-release on May 4th.
- New Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze Trailers Feature Dixie and Diddy Kong
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze Taken Off Wii U's Digital Store
- Playing With Hasbro's Monopoly Gamer at PAX East
- Mario Tennis Aces Release Date Seemingly Revealed Due to Early Retail Listing
- Bloomingdale's Is Getting a Nintendo "Let's Play" Spring Fashion Line
- King of Kong Might Be Stripped of His Title, Despite Not Being the Current Champ
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze Is Coming To Nintendo Switch
- Fortnite Gears Up for Season 6 and the Impending Fall Skirmish - September 20, 2018
- Sony Is Getting Out of the Handheld Gaming Business - September 20, 2018
- Kamehameha! We Review Razer’s Dragon Ball FighterZ Panthera Arcade Stick - September 20, 2018
- The Gardens Between Receives a New Launch Trailer - September 20, 2018
- Making Money!: We Review Dungeons & Dragons – Waterdeep: Dragon Heist - September 20, 2018