Trion Worlds has released a new six-minute video interview with ArcheAge creator Jake Song to discuss his recent and future involvement with the free-to-play MMO as Executive Producer. He also spends some time discussing his favorite career moments, as well as his thoughts on the current state of ArcheAge.
The interview is pretty interesting for ArcheAge players, but also an interesting watch for those interested in the inner-workings of the game development industry, which can somewhat feel like a shadowy process intent on keeping communication with consumers at a distance. Some of that is the usual workings of PR keeping a lid on things, but it also comes down to a case of communication error. With games becoming increasingly live-service oriented but developers not always being prepared for how involved players get in live-service games, things get a bit sticky. MMOs are usually a bit better about this – because they’ve always been live-service games. However, there are always exceptions. Trion Worlds is not one of the most lively in their own forums, however, they aren’t the most unaware either. Hence, this interview.
That said, this is an internally produced interview, so the questions and answers were absolutely prepped ahead of time. So has that positive PR spin to it.
You can watch the interview below. You’ll want to make sure you’ve got subtitles enabled for this one.
- Frederick “Freddybabes” Bird Wins the October Gwent Open - October 15, 2018
- Cloud Imperium Raises Additional Funds Following Star Citizen 3.3 Alpha - October 15, 2018
- Nintendo has Announced a Diablo III Switch Bundle - October 15, 2018
- Future Paradox Games Will Run on a New, Easier-to-Mod Engine Update - October 15, 2018
- Dark Horse Team Cloud 9 has Flipped the Script on League of Legends Worlds - October 15, 2018