Trion Worlds has released a new six-minute video interview with ArcheAge creator Jake Song to discuss his recent and future involvement with the free-to-play MMO as Executive Producer. He also spends some time discussing his favorite career moments, as well as his thoughts on the current state of ArcheAge.
The interview is pretty interesting for ArcheAge players, but also an interesting watch for those interested in the inner-workings of the game development industry, which can somewhat feel like a shadowy process intent on keeping communication with consumers at a distance. Some of that is the usual workings of PR keeping a lid on things, but it also comes down to a case of communication error. With games becoming increasingly live-service oriented but developers not always being prepared for how involved players get in live-service games, things get a bit sticky. MMOs are usually a bit better about this – because they’ve always been live-service games. However, there are always exceptions. Trion Worlds is not one of the most lively in their own forums, however, they aren’t the most unaware either. Hence, this interview.
That said, this is an internally produced interview, so the questions and answers were absolutely prepped ahead of time. So has that positive PR spin to it.
You can watch the interview below. You’ll want to make sure you’ve got subtitles enabled for this one.
- Amy Hennig to Receive Life Achievement Award at GDC 2019 - December 12, 2018
- Fallout 76 Now Under Fire for Lazy Ultrawide Mode Update - December 12, 2018
- Wintersday Festival Kicks Off in Guild Wars 2 Today - December 12, 2018
- Final Fantasy XV’s Comrades Mode Goes Solo Today - December 12, 2018
- The 2019 Overwatch League Schedule is Here - December 12, 2018