Syfy has pulled the plug on their freshman horror series Ghost Wars. The 13-episode first season debuted in October of 2017 from creator Simon Barry (Van Helsing) and told the story of a remote Alaskan town that becomes infested with paranormal activity. It stared Avan Jogia as Roman Mercer, an outcast with repressed psychic powers. He must overcome his personal demons and the town’s prejudices in order to stop the massive haunting threatening everyone.
The series also starred Vincent D’Onofrio, Kim Coates, Kristin Lehman and Meatloaf. The series had an interesting group of directors, most of whom were brought in to direct a pair of episodes. These include the last two episode directed by creator Barry, two episode directed by series actress Lehman and two episode directed by 90210 actor Jason Priestley. Other directors included Leslie Hope (2 episodes), Michael Nankin (2 episodes), Mathias Herndl (2 episodes) and David Von Ancken who directed the pilot.
The concept behind the series was to focus solely on ghosts, avoiding other supernatural creatures and cryptoids. The thought behind that was that ghost stories tend to be more personal and thaty the would tell 13 separate personal tales that take place in that town. The series received very positive response from the fans, scoring 86 out of 100 on Rotten Tomatoes and a deal was made to air the full first season on Netflix, it wasn’t enough to make Syfy bring it back for a second season.
- Moonstone Brings The Avenger: Double Feature to Stores This September - May 23, 2018
- The Flash Season 4: Mysterious Girl and Her Big Mistake - May 23, 2018
- The Flash Season 4: What Happened to the Season Finale Big Bad Tease? - May 23, 2018
- Captain Marvelous: Zachary Levi Joins Amazon Studios’ Marvelous Mrs. Maisel - May 23, 2018
- Supergirl Season 3: Kara and Mon-El Speed Off to Meet [Spoiler] - May 23, 2018