A bit of a surprise from CFK Co., Ltd. this week as the company quickly dropped a release date for Princess Maker 5 on Steam for April 26th. The 11-year-old title was in the works for a PC release for some time now, but it wasn’t until now that we got a confirmation on the date. The company released the trailer and description below on Steam for you to enjoy!
Princess Maker 5 was developed by Gainax, a company well-known for its popular animation series such as Neon Genesis Evangelion and Gurren Lagann.
The Princess Maker series has enjoyed ever-lasting popularity among many of its fans and players, where it lets the player parent a charming girl from her childhood with its unique contents.
Princess Maker 5 is the final production by Akai Takami, the original creator of the series. The setting of the game takes place in a world that is much like the modern world we come to know of, unlike previous iterations of the series.
While playing, the player is able to parent the daughter for a period of eight years with fully-customizable parenting policies. A wide range of weights such as studying, playing, manners and curfews would play a crucial role in deciding the daughter’s future. Moreover, her relationship with over a hundred other people around her gets much more sophisticated than previous entries, as the game allows the player to parent for eight years. There are also a number of familiar characters for those who have played the previous iterations of the Princess Maker series.
At the beginning of the game, the player can choose to become either a mother or a father, with titles changing accordingly. A new system called MOE or Motion of Emotion has also been implemented. The player’s daughter is displayed as a mini-character where she acts according to her conditions at any given time, such as lying down on a bed when she feels ill, sighing when she is stressed out, or venting at her teddy bear when she feels angry. The system in overall does a very good job at reflecting the daughter’s personal interests while shadowing her human side.
This release will also be a welcoming experience for those who have already played the game previously, as there are new elements that have been developed specifically for Steam.
- Brave Neptune Gets a Nintendo Switch Release Date
- Light Fall Announced for an April 26th Release on Steam and Switch
- Darwin Project Developers Made the Game Free To Play on Steam
- Where Do I Put All This Steam? We Review WD's My Passport Ultra
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Next Map is Getting a Cave Network
- Blockchain Gaming, while the Current Fad, is Fated for Failure
- GIVEAWAY: Summoners War Funko POP! Figures - November 15, 2018
- Assassin’s Creed Will Soon Be Getting a Set of Wines - November 15, 2018
- Sony Says They Will Not Be Attending E3 2019 - November 15, 2018
- Creed: Rise to Glory Receives a Creed II Character Update - November 15, 2018
- Universal Games Announces Mobile Title DreamWorks Dragons: Titan Uprising - November 15, 2018