Sherlock Gnomes came out in the US a month ago to lacklustre reviews. But that didn’t stop family Johnston taking to the Gala premiere in the UK for the heavily-advertised sequel to Gnomeo & Juliet, coming out in the UK next month.
And everyone got a free loaf of bread, courtesy of sponsors Hovis. Something to do with Baker Street.
The screening this morning was a Gala, basically not quite a premiere, in the morning, with guests bringing their young children. Mine may have been slightly older at 13 and 10 but they enjoyed themselves immensely.
So screw negative reviews, this is a fun family film. And, produced by Sir Elton John and David Furnish‘s Rocket Pictures, they were both on hand alongside director John Stevenson and voice stars Jamie Demetriou, James MacAvoy, Ashley Jenson reunited with Stephen Merchant to present the movie to the public.
As Elton John said, he hadn’t been up this early since the eighties…
It was an IMAX, so we were sensible and sat at the back.. sorry.
Sherlock Gnomes is a 3D and 2D computer-animated sequel to 2011’s Gnomeo & Juliet, The film stars the voices of James McAvoy, Emily Blunt, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Mary J. Blige, and Johnny Depp. Produced by Paramount Animation, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, and Rocket Pictures, with animation services provided by Mikros Image, it is the first film from Paramount Animation to be entirely animated, and the first animated film from Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer since 2008’s Igor. The film was released in the United States on March 23, 2018, by Paramount Pictures, unlike its predecessor, which was distributed by Touchstone Pictures. It is released in the UK on May 11th, with previews the week before.
As the gnomes from the original movie get moved to London, Sherlock Gnomes and his companion Watson are trying to defeat the mascot of Moriarty’s Pies from stealing all the gnomes and smashing them into smithereens…
- Elton John Biopic 'Rocketman' Release Date Gets Pushed Back
- Daily LITG – 23rd September 2018 – Still Bubblin’ - September 23, 2018
- Dave Elliott Teases GWNN Ahead of New York Comic-Con, at Thought Bubble 2018 - September 22, 2018
- Brief Glimpse of The Wicked + The Divine Immersive Experience at Thought Bubble 2018 - September 22, 2018
- Paul Cornell – Saucer State Will Be Crowdfunded - September 22, 2018
- What Did Warren Ellis Say to Kieron Gillen at Thought Bubble 2018? (VIDEO) - September 22, 2018