The world has lost another of its gifted comedians today with the announcement of the passing of Verne Troyer at the age of 49. He had nearly 60 credits to his acting career spanning more than two decades, but he is most frequently remembered for his role as Mini-Me from the Austin Powers films alongside Mike Myers.
The news was first announced on his official Facebook page:
It is with great sadness and incredibly heavy hearts to write that
Verne passed away today.
Verne was an extremely caring individual. He wanted to make everyone
smile, be happy, and laugh. Anybody in need, he would help to any
extent possible. Verne hoped he made a positive change with the
platform he had and worked towards spreading that message everyday.
He inspired people around the world with his drive, determination, and
attitude. On film & television sets, commercial shoots, at comic-con’s
& personal appearances, to his own YouTube videos, he was there to
show everyone what he was capable of doing. Even though his stature
was small and his parents often wondered if he’d be able to reach up
and open doors on his own in his life, he went on to open more doors
for himself and others than anyone could have imagined. He also
touched more peoples hearts than he will ever know.
Verne was also a fighter when it came to his own battles. Over the
years he’s struggled and won, struggled and won, struggled and fought
some more, but unfortunately this time was too much.
During this recent time of adversity he was baptized while surrounded
by his family. The family appreciates that they have this time to
Depression and Suicide are very serious issues. You never know what
kind of battle someone is going through inside. Be kind to one
another. And always know, it’s never too late to reach out to someone
In lieu of flowers, please feel free to make a donation in Verne’s
name to either of his two favorite charities; The Starkey Hearing
Foundation and Best Buddies.
It is with great sadness and incredibly heavy hearts to write thatVerne passed away today.Verne was an extremely…
TMZ reported that he had been on life support since being taken to the hospital earlier in the month with alcohol poisoning being suspected at the time.
Mike Myers (Saturday Night Live, Austin Powers, Wayne’s World) had this to say:
“Verne was the consummate professional and a beacon of positivity for those of us who had the honor of working with him. It is a sad day, but I hope he is in a better place. He will be greatly missed.”
- BC Exclusive Reveal: Sideshow Collectibles Poison Ivy Statue First Look For Earth Day!
- MLB Games You Should Watch on Sunday, April 22
- Sean Manaea Has Thrown The First No-Hitter of 2018
- Toys R Us Founder Charles Lazarus Has Passed Away
- Comedic Legend Jerry Lewis Has Died At The Age Of 91
- It Gets Geekier And The Importance Of LGBTQ Representation
- In Memory Of Clerks' Actress Lisa Spoonauer, Please Donate To The Patient Advocate Foundation
- First Man: The Naked Singularity Within A National Mythos [Review] - October 12, 2018
- From Stormtrooper Ballgowns to Superman Punching Doomsday: 125 Cosplay Shots From NYCC Saturday - October 6, 2018
- American Gods Season 2 Teaser Trailer Revealed at NYCC – We Have it Here! - October 5, 2018
- Venom Review: It’s Not as Bad as You’ve Heard - October 5, 2018
- Bad Times at the El Royale Review: As Good as the Trailer, Almost - October 5, 2018