We listed the standard Action Comics #1000 covers that have been selling out from DC Comics. There are also exclusive retailer versions also fetching a pretty packet.
DC Comics lets retailers or retailer groups commission and order a comic with a specific and exclusive cover, if they order thousands of copies, often 3000 copies of a standard cover and 1500 of further variant versions. It increases sales dramatically on certain issues, albeit it expensively, but also allows stores to create a promotional item for their store and a collectible to boot. Here’s how the aftermarket has been reacting as Action Comics #1000 finally goes on sale – and sells out.
Third Eye’s Kaare Andrews for $20
The Comic Mint’s Felipe Massafera currently only available CBCS slabbed 9.8 for $280.
Dynamic Forces’ Curt Swan for $15.
Uncanny Comics’s Tony Daniel for $22.
Vault Collectibles’ Dave Dorman for $20.
Kings Comics’ Nicola Scott for $23.
And more out there?
- Roy Thomas Says Stan Lee Was ‘Ready To Leave This Earth’ - November 12, 2018
- Everyone Reacts to the Death Of Stan Lee - November 12, 2018
- Steve Geppi Displays the Original Captain America Designs, Mickey Mouse Storyboard and GI Joe Prototype at the Library Of Congress - November 12, 2018
- James Robinson Working on Mystery DC Comic – Could it Be Stargirl? - November 12, 2018
- Top 500 Ordered Comics in October 2018 – But What’s Up With Venom #7? - November 12, 2018