There was a new tv spot for Solo: A Star Wars Story today, and although there isn’t anything super crazy awesome, we do get some more footage of the mysterious alien filmmaker Jon Favreau is playing.
This most recent tv spot introduces Rio Durant- who may or may not be named after a fairly well known 80’s band popular album:
No, we really don’t know anything about Rio, but we do know he’s got four arms and is a pilot Or, at least takes over the controls once or twice during the film.
Favreau of course is no stranger to the Galactic Conflict franchise, having voiced Mandalorian Pre Vizsla in Star Wars: The Clone Wars animated series. There was also much debate when Jon was named to be creating and directing one of the several planned upcoming live action Star Wars tv series for Disney’s streaming service.
The Solo film has gone through some rough patches, but hopes remain high (kind of) that director Ron Howard (who came in to replace previous directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller after Kathleen Kennedy fired them) will manage to deliver the origin story of one of the most charming space scoundrels.
We can only hope it won’t be too derivative, and will be the heist story I know I’m hoping for.
Solo: A Star Wars Story opens on May 25th.
- Jon Favreau Says [SPOILER] Is In Avengers: 4
- Another New 'Solo: A Star Wars Story' Video Emerges, "Becoming Solo" Featurette
- Lord and Miller Explain Why Alden Ehrenreich Was Their Pick For Han Solo from the Beginning
- BC Exclusive Reveal: Sideshow Collectibles Poison Ivy Statue First Look For Earth Day!
- MLB Games You Should Watch on Sunday, April 22
- Sean Manaea Has Thrown The First No-Hitter of 2018
- ‘Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark’ Coming to Theaters Summer of 2019 - December 14, 2018
- Nightcrawler Looks [badly] Photoshopped in New ‘Dark Phoenix’ Image - December 14, 2018
- Kit Harington’s [Not So Great] Targaryen Skills: Meeting Toothless - December 14, 2018
- Ryan Coogler Talks ‘Black Panther’ Creative Production Team - December 14, 2018
- Pedro Pascal Shares Dave Filoni-drawn ‘The Mandalorian’ Sketch - December 14, 2018