A press release from IDW solves the mystery of which comic the publisher’s EuroComics imprint will translate to English next. Starting in October, EuroComics will publish the first Enola Holmes graphic novel, The Case of the Missing Marquess, adapted from the Nancy Springer books by cartoonist Serena Blasco. Stranger Things star Millie Bobby Brown is set to star in a motion picture adaptation of the books as well.
Here’s the synopsis from the press release:
Enola, who’s been raised by her mother in the family’s country manor, wakes on her fourteenth birthday to discover that her mother has disappeared, leaving only a collection of flowers and a coded message book. With Sherlock and Mycroft determined to ship their sister off to a boarding school to make a “real lady” out of her, the independent-minded Enola escapes, displaying a cleverness that impresses even the brilliant Sherlock. Her journey quickly leads her into the dark and sordid neighborhoods of London and she finds herself involved in the kidnapping of a young marquess. Will Enola evade her two brothers and succeed in her new life, even as she continues to follow her mother’s trail? This delightfully drawn graphic novel adaptation also includes a portfolio of pages from Enola’s secret notebook.
“Serena Blasco’s watercolors are perfectly suited for the story,” says EuroComics art director Lorraine Turner in the press release. “She draws the reader into what it must have been like for a girl to navigate Victorian-era England.”
Our guess? Smoggy.
The 64-page graphic novel will retail for $14.99. Look for Enola Holmes Volume 1: The Case of the Missing Marquess this October.
- Marvel’s Jordan White Spoils the Last Panel of Uncanny X-Men #1 for #XMenMonday - October 22, 2018
- Power Rangers: Beyond the Grid Goes Beyond Its 1st Print Run, Goes Back for More - October 22, 2018
- Marvel Unveils More X-citing Uncanny X-Men Variants by Liefeld, Campbell, Pacheco, Crain, and Land - October 22, 2018
- Lois Lane Accused of Canoodling Lex Luthor in Action Comics #1004 Preview - October 22, 2018
- Oni Press Plans Super Fun Sexy Times with Ghost Hog, Dream Daddy, and More Next Summer - October 22, 2018