Like CBS announcing the return of NCIS, ABC’s renewal of Grey’s Anatomy was a surprise. But the hit series will indeed be back for season 15, nestled into the Thursday night slot that has been its home for two score. This makes it the longest-running drama series in the network’s history and matches the runs of NBC’s ER and CBS’s CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.
The series stars Ellen Pompeo as Meredith Grey, a doctor living in Seattle, Washington. The show has gone through its fair share of cast changes over its almost decade and a half of existence, including the upcoming departure of longtime cast members Jessica Capshaw and Sara Drew. It was announced recently that Gina Davis would be returning to the series for a guest appearance before the end of the season.
ABC’s Entertainment President Channing Dungey said in a statement:
Grey’s Anatomy has a special place in my heart, and millions of viewers feel the same way. Thanks to fiercely loyal fans who have been on this journey since the beginning, and new generations of viewers who continue to discover the joy and drama of Grey Sloan Memorial, the show is as strong as ever.
Grey’s Anatomy is one of the network’s top dramas, averaging a 2.0 rating in the key 18-49 demo and a total audience of 7.7 million. Those numbers are only down slightly from the previous year of 2.1 and 7.85 million and places right behind the network’s hit new series The Good Doctor.
- Arrow Season 7: Which Version of Roy Harper are We Getting? - May 24, 2018
- Read Warlords of Mars #1 with the J. Scott Campbell Cover that Inspired the Dejah Thoris Statue - May 24, 2018
- Agents of SHIELD: What is the Final Fate of Graviton - May 24, 2018
- Arrow Season 7: The Threat From Ricardo Diaz May Be Far From Over - May 24, 2018
- The Flash Season 5: How Will Iris and Barry Deal with the Mysterious Girl - May 24, 2018