Tommyknockers is getting a brand new adaptation from Universal Pictures for a planned 2020 release. The film, based on the Stephen King novel of the same name, will be directed by James Wan of The Conjuring fame. The book was turned into a television series in 1993 starring Jimmy Smits and Marg Helgenberger. The book is not one fans or King himself are very fond of, with King once saying about it that “The Tommyknockers is an awful book.”
For those of you who are not familiar with the novel, here is the synopsis:
On a beautiful June day, while walking deep in the woods on her property in Haven, Maine, Bobbi Anderson quite literally stumbles over her own destiny and that of the entire town. For the dull gray metal protrusion she discovers in the ground is part of a mysterious and massive metal object, one that may have been buried there for millennia. Bobbi can’t help but become obsessed and try to dig it out…the consequences of which will affect and transmute every citizen of Haven, young and old. It means unleashing extraordinary powers beyond those of mere mortals—and certain death for any and all outsiders. An alien hell has now invaded this small New England town…an aggressive and violent malignancy devoid of any mercy or sanity…
No word yet on casting or screenwriter yet. I will say though that as much as most people despise the novel, the original television series had its moments, and the latest King adaptations have been stellar as of late. Both Gerald’s Game and of course IT were big hits last year, and the upcoming tv series Castle Rock looks to continue that trend. Wan has done excellent work as well. Not to mention he has some film called Aquaman coming up in December. Let’s hope he brings his grounded and atmospheric horror senses to this as well.
- WB Shows Sizzle Reel Featuring Aquaman Footage at CinemaCon
- BC Exclusive Reveal: Sideshow Collectibles Poison Ivy Statue First Look For Earth Day!
- MLB Games You Should Watch on Sunday, April 22
- Sean Manaea Has Thrown The First No-Hitter of 2018
- Equalizer 2 Gets a Brutal But Awesome First Trailer
- New 'DOOM' Movie Coming From Universal Pictures
- Super Troopers 2 Definitely Embraces Their 420 Release Date
- I Feel Pretty Review: Well Intentioned but Not Well Thought Out
- Should Games be Held Accountable for their Moral Implications?
- Wildling (2018) Review: A Troubling and Tone-Deaf Movie
- STARZ Pulls the Plug on Ash vs. Evil Dead After 3 Seasons
- Hear Us Out: Han Solo Didn't Do the Kessel Run, Lando Calrissian Did
- Ant-Man and the Wasp Funko Pops Are on the Way
- Arrow's Wendy Mericle Signs Deal with ABC Studios
- Mick McMahon Returns to Judge Dredd for 2000AD Prog 2079
- Are We Getting a Fresh Start for DC Comics?
- BC Toy Spotting: Fortnite, Funko, LEGO Movie 2, Star Wars, WWE, and More! - December 16, 2018
- Batman Your Kitchen With These New Seven 20 Products - December 13, 2018
- Magneto Gets a New Sixth Scale Figure From Sideshow Collectibles - December 13, 2018
- Greg Kinnear Will Enter Jordan Peele’s Twilight Zone - December 13, 2018
- Friday The 13th Part 3 Corpse Pamela Voorhees Figure Coming From NECA - December 13, 2018