Some of you may remember that there was a prequel to The Binding of Isaac called The Legend of Bum-Bo. The game was announced two years ago back in February of 2016, and ever since then, we haven’t seen much of it. Today, that all changed when creator Edmund McMillen made a post to his blog that included a formal teaser trailer for the game, which will be published by the indie company The Label. We have the trailer and a game description for you below, as the game is now getting at 2018 release. When is 2018 is a very different story as no date was attached, but considering the gameplay we’re seeing here, we can’t wait to dive into this title!
The Legend of Bum-bo is a randomly generated, turn based puzzle rpg where you take the role of Bum-bo (from the binding of Isaac) as he punches the faces off hordes of paper goons and takes their coins! …only to gamble them away at the casinos.
Utilizing his bag of trash bum-bo forms pagan glyph’s (via a match 4 puzzle system) that create offensive and defensive attacks and gain specific types of mana to cast epic spells that range from jagging stuff with a fish hook to summoning mom’s leg to crush all who stand in your path.
Every dungeon bum-bo enters will be randomly generated and much like isaac feature hoards of monsters, bosses, traps, puzzles and randomly chosen spells, so each run will be totally unique and each successful play through will unlock more items, trinkets, playable characters and more.
- Vampire: The Masquerade Creators Get a New Distribution Deal for 5E
- YouTuber ReSet Could Serve Two Years in Prison for Prank Video
- The Netherlands Declares Certain Loot Boxes Illegal
- Realtalk: Where’s Our God of War Review?
- Blockchain Gaming, while the Current Fad, is Fated for Failure
- Sony to Sponsor Indie Developers Once More at Tokyo Game Show
- Twitch and NBA 2K League Sign Multiyear Streaming Deal
- Starfinder’s Signal of Screams Gets New Adventure: The Diaspora Strain - November 14, 2018
- Overwatch League’s Next Expansion Team Revealed: Hangzhou Spark - November 14, 2018
- They Might Be Giants Get a LEGO Ideas Pitch for BrickHeadz - November 14, 2018
- GIVEAWAY: Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links Glowing Orb - November 14, 2018
- Astroneer Receives an Official Release Date in February 2019 - November 14, 2018