How would you like to do a little spelunking in the middle of your next PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds match? That’s exactly what you’ll end up doing as soon as PUBG Corp. updates the Savage map and includes a network of caves into the game. The developers released some interesting updates on their Steam page this week, which includes photos and plans for a series of caves that you’ll be able to five into and find loot in on the Savage map. Of course, just taking a look at the photos below makes us wonder if there was another game being worked on at the time, because whoever inhabited these caves sure didn’t expect their home to become the site of a 100 player deathmatch from above.
The entire cave system will be an underground network, sort of like the bunkers you’ve probably fought in from time to time on their other maps, only with a much curvier and intricate system. In theory, if you clear these out, you could pass under people for miles and never get caught in a fight until you had to come above ground. No official date was given as to when we’d see these new features added, so just be on the lookout for the next major patch that isn’t just a bunch of bug fixes.
- PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Issues Update on Anti-Cheating Efforts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Latest Patch Adds a New Car and More
- Princess Maker 5 Gets a Quick PC Release Date for This Week
- Map Selection Being Added to PUBG Very Soon
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Adding a New Armored Vehicle for Event
- Epic Games Says New Fortnite Maps Aren't a Priority
- Check Out This Awesome Fortnite vs. PUBG Fan Film
- The Walking Dead Partner with PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds for Upcoming Tournament
- Skybound Entertainment Reveals New VR Title ‘The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners’ - July 18, 2018
- Daybreak Games Adds the Teen Titans to DC Universe Online - July 18, 2018
- The Walking Dead: The Final Season Receives a New SDCC Trailer - July 18, 2018
- ‘Survived By’ Moves Into the Closed Beta Phase and Invites Everyone - July 18, 2018
- Middle-Earth: Shadow of War’s Next Update Will Remove In-Game Market - July 18, 2018