Croteam has announced that Serious Sam 4: Planet Badass is one the way and we are due to find out more about the title at this year’s E3.
Serious Sam has always been a silly bit of fun. In many ways, he took the mantle of Duke Nukem in 2001 with his first game, as meathead who kills monsters in ludicrous and hilarious ways. He’s slowly been growing in mainstream standing, now with a not so small niche audience who swear by the character. In a world where Nukem has floundered in a rubbish attitude still mired in the 90s, Serious Sam stays relevant by being slightly less rubbish but importantly, in pretty good games.
It seems we are about ready for the next in the franchise too. At the Reboot Develop conference this morning, Croteam revealed the title for the next mainline game, Serious Sam 4: Planet Badass. There isn’t a lot to go on here as the developer promised we would be finding more out at E3, however, we did get a nice teaser trailer for the title confirming that there is more on the horizon. It’s silly fun and full of the baddies Sam usually takes on. Take a look:
Serious Sam is really a nice little franchise that offers something else to most self-serious shooters. As stated, while Duke has struggled to find relevance, Sam is flourishing alongside the likes of Shadow Warrior at the moment. Here’s hoping the title delivers on that promise. We’ll see you for more at E3.
- PUBG Looks to be Bringing Halloween Content to the Game - October 17, 2018
- New SoulCalibur 6 Video Teaches You The Basics - October 16, 2018
- Breath of the Wild Style Open World Pokemon Game Possibly “Still on the Cards” - October 16, 2018
- Destiny 2 Glitch Could Confirm Next Expansion Location - October 15, 2018
- Pokemon Go Still Surging as Game Makes $84 Million in September - October 15, 2018