A fun little thing happened from Nintendo that they tried to slip under the radar last week, but thankfully Digital Trends caught wind of, as the company filed for a new patent that could change what they do with the Nintendo Switch, or perhaps the next console they produce. The patent was published on April 12th and shows a game console with “a plurality of information processing apparatuses that are capable of communicating with each other.” In other words, dual touch screens designed with the purpose of moving an object from one screen to the other just bu using your finger.
Immediately, what probably comes to mind are the 2DS and 3DS models, as both handhelds use touch screens already. But considering the design is meant to be seamless and has nothing in the way of either screen, it would suggest that this is either a design for something to be added tot he Nintendo Switch, or this is a totally new design for a handheld system using the same premise as the previous models but incorporating a new feature. Either way, this is kind of an awesome design that we would love to see in practical use if Nintendo gets the approval.
- Watch Bill Nye Play With The Nintendo Switch Labo Sets
- The Compound is Now Available in Monster Energy Supercross
- Omar Chaparro Joins the Cast of Detective Pikachu
- Dark Souls Remastered for Nintendo Switch Pushed Back
- Nintendo Switch's Latest Update Fixes a Minor Motion Control Issue
- Check Out the Latest Video Game Releases for April 17-23, 2018
- The First Ever University Esports Hub Launches in UK as the NSE - August 16, 2018
- Rainbow Six Siege Teases New Operative Ahead of Six Major Paris - August 16, 2018
- Overwatch League Will Add a Team in Toronto Next Season - August 16, 2018
- Rinoa Heartilly Joins the Roster of Dissidia Final Fantasy NT - August 16, 2018
- The Endless Mission is Receiving a Beta After PAX West - August 16, 2018