On April 22nd, Disney’s Animal Kingdom will be turning 20 years old! This milestone event has inspired Disney’s merchandise team, who came up with some clever ways to celebrate Disney World’s fourth theme park. According to the Disney Parks Blog:
“We mixed earth tone colors with images of animals and icons reminiscent of the beautifully sculpted animal carvings found on the breathtaking Tree of Life,” explained Cody Reynolds, Senior Creative Director with Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media Creative Group. “Guests love merchandise that commemorates significant moments in time,” said Katie Thompson from Global Merchandise Strategy at Disney Parks Merchandise. “This new merchandise builds on the success of recent theme park anniversary collections, and offers something for everyone looking to celebrate at Animal Kingdom throughout the upcoming year.”
The merchandise will appeal to guests young and old, and will include clothing, home goods, and more. I can’t wait to see these items in person for my trip next month!
- Nerd Food: Millennial Pink Brownie Cupcake at the Confectionery in Magic Kingdom - May 21, 2018
- Limited-Edition Banshee Flies into Disney’s Animal Kingdom on May 27th - May 21, 2018
- Special Olympics USA Games to Be Held in Central Florida in 2022 - May 21, 2018
- LEGO Master Builders Are Completing a Millennium Falcon This Weekend at Disney Springs - May 21, 2018
- Nerd Food: Some of the Magical Cupcakes Available at Walt Disney World - May 20, 2018