Nintendo released a brand new update for the Nintendo Switch overnight that didn’t really have any ramp up or preamble to it, and with good reason as it only fixes a couple of issues that maybe some of you have been experiencing. The 5.0.2 update addressed the motion controls within the Switch, which apparently have been kinda flaky on titles like 1-2-Switch, as well as a minor correction for player icons in regards to friends. Here’s the sum total of the text from the update.
General system stability improvements to enhance the user’s experience, including:
- Resolved an issue that caused motion controls to respond incorrectly when playing games that use the feature
- Resolved an issue that caused user icons for recommended friends to not display correctly
Considering some of the other updates that the Switch normally receives, this one is basically fixing some random stuff that you may have run into but probably weren’t overly concerned with. We’re actually kinda surprised that this is all it did and Nintendo didn’t toss in some additional updates to take care of other issues people may have complained about. But considering the console hasn’t had any major issues as of late, it looks like Nintendo are doing their best to keep it running smoothly.
- Nintendo Files a New Patent on Multi-Display Communication Console
- Venture Kid Announced as Nintendo Switch Exclusive
- Sega has Announced the Pricing for Shenmue I & II
- Valkyria Chronicles is being Ported to the Switch in Japan
- Catching Up With The Crew Behind Floor Kids at PAX East
- Getting a Taste of Co-Op Puzzling Again with Pode
- What’s In The Box?!: Loot Gaming – April 2018 - April 24, 2018
- Check Out the Latest Video Game Releases for April 24-30, 2018 - April 24, 2018
- Twitch Announces New Monetization with Bits in Extensions - April 23, 2018
- Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia Releases New Trailer at England’s Inception - April 23, 2018
- Skydance Interactive Announces Archangel: Hellfire with New Trailer - April 23, 2018