Former head of Tomb Raider developer Crystal Dynamics, Darrell Gallagher has left the company to join Microsoft Studios’ executive leadership. The announcement came by way of Microsoft’s Matt Booty on Twitter. Booty’s announcement also hinted that we’ll find more about what Microsoft Studios is up to at E3, likely as part of the Xbox press briefing on June 10, 2018.
I'm thrilled to welcome Darrell Gallagher @DGallagher_LA to the Microsoft Studios executive leadership team. Excited to share more at E3.
— Matt Booty (@mattbooty) April 16, 2018
Gallagher joined Crystal Dynamics in 2009 where he remained until his departure from the company in 2015. He left Crystal Dynamics to join the developer’s parent company Square Enix and became Head of Product Development and Western Studios, meaning he was in charge of SE’s full Western game slate. Gallagher then joined Activision as part of their executive team for the past few years.
- Juggler Games’ My Memory of Us is Subtly Depressing - April 18, 2018
- Aftercharge is Good, Insane Multiplayer Shooter Fun - April 18, 2018
- For an Indie Sci-Fi Shooter, Dolmen has a Lot to Offer - April 18, 2018
- Volantia: Zen and The Art of Kingdom Maintenance - April 18, 2018
- Warhammer: Doomwheel’s Combat is Viscerally Satisfying - April 18, 2018