As you may already be aware, Bandai Namco is planning to release Dark Souls Remastered next month across all platforms, giving people the chance to relive the original on modern consoles. Well, the company pumped the breaks on one of the consoles this morning. The tweet below went out this morning, letting Nintendo Switch fans know that the game would see a delay, but that all other consoles and platforms were still good to go.
Due to the nature of causality, we must announce that the Nintendo Switch version of #DarkSoulsRemastered will be pushed back to summer of 2018, and with it, the release of the Solaire of Astora amiibo.
PC/PS4/X1 versions will maintain their May 25th release date.
— Dark Souls (@DarkSoulsGame) April 17, 2018
The phrase “nature of causality” is a hell of a spin for saying the game isn’t ready yet. There were reports coming out of PAX East that the build people were trying at the Nintendo booth had some issues with it, but that it was pretty much fine for what they played. Looks like the company took that feedback to heart and will fix the game a bit for that console before we get a new release date for it and the amiibo.
- Someone Recreated the Dark Souls Firelink Shrine in Digital LEGO Bricks
- Dark Souls Remastered Releases a New Enhancements Trailer
- Dark Souls Remastered Gets a New Launch Trailer from Bandai Namco
- Survival Horror Game Agony Finally Gets a Release Date
- Nintendo Files a New Patent on Multi-Display Communication Console
- Scratching that Dark Souls Itch with Sinner from Another Indie
- PAX East 2018: Annapurna's Ashen is Indie Dark Souls Meets Journey
- [Book Review] Dark Souls: Beyond the Grave, an In-Depth Story of Game Development
- Dark Souls Remastered Confirmed for Nintendo Switch Release
- Dark Souls Remastered Announced For Switch on Impromptu Nintendo Direct
- Ghost Recon: Wildlands’ Latest Update Includes a Rainbow Six Siege Crossover - July 20, 2018
- EA Sports Releases New “Physical” Trailer for NHL 19 - July 20, 2018
- Deep Silver Reveals Release Date and Details for Pathfinder: Kingmaker - July 20, 2018
- Epic Games Issues New Challenges for Fortnite’s One-Year Anniversary - July 20, 2018
- Stardew Valley Will Finally Get Multiplayer on PC in August - July 20, 2018