Smashing their competitors over at Marvel, who only have the colors Gold, Blue, and Red for their X-Men comics, DC Comics is set add yet another color to their Lantern rainbow. Revealed in DC’s May Previews Catalog for books shipping in July, John Stewart will come “under the influence” of the Ultraviolet Spectrum in Justice League #3, and, naturally, the emotional state represented by Ultraviolet is Ultraviolence.
Check out the solicit text for the comic:
John Stewart: Ultraviolet Lantern? Believe it! Under the influence of the Ultraviolet Spectrum, John Stewart engages in some ultraviolence against his teammates Flash, Wonder Woman and Aquaman. Meanwhile, the rest of the League investigates the scene of the fallen Source Wall fragment, and encounters not only a horde of giant monsters, but a pair of longtime archenemies using stolen Atom technology to literally get under their skin. Best to stock up on Cortizone for that sort of itch! All this and…the Turtle? Yep.
And in Issue #4… What is hidden in the darkest depths of the ocean and farthest reaches of space doesn’t even compare to the insidious secrets buried in the pasts of Flash, Green Lantern, and Martian Manhunter! While the rest of the League battles to save their friends before all of reality unravels, the citizens of Earth make a startling decision… to join the Legion of Doom!
Justice League #3, by Scott Snyder and Jorge Jimenez, hits stores on July 4th, and Justice League #4 hits stores on July 18th.
- Tell Us What You Loved About the X-Men Comics This Year [X-ual Healing 12-12-18] - December 16, 2018
- Of Course Reed Richards is to Blame… Next Week’s Marvel Knights 20th #4 - December 15, 2018
- Somebody Needs a Snickers in Next Week’s Iceman #4 - December 15, 2018
- Kate Bishop Refuses to Die in Canada in Next Week’s Old Man Hawkeye Finale - December 15, 2018
- Archangel’s Loyalty Tested in Next Week’s Uncanny X-Men #6 - December 15, 2018