Ian Somerhalder can’t seem to get away from vampires. The star of the eight-season CW series The Vampire Diaries has been cast in the upcoming Netflix series V-Wars. An adaptation of the IDW Publishing graphic novel series, V-Wars got a 10-episode, straight-to-series order from the streaming service. The property comes from New York Times best-selling author Jonathan Maberry.
V-Wars tells the story of Dr. Luther Swann (Somerhalder), who enters a world of untold horror when a mysterious disease transforms his best friend, Michael Fayne, into a murderous predator who feeds on other humans. As the disease spreads and more people are transformed, society fractures into opposing camps pitting normal people against the growing number of these “vampires”. Swann races against time to understand what’s happening, while Fayne rises to become the powerful underground leader of the vampires.
IDW Entertainment President David Ozer said of the project:
We could not have dreamed of a better choice than Ian Somerhalder to bring his keen understanding of this genre from his years of starring in The Vampire Diaries to lead the cast of V-WARS as Dr. Luther Swann and to be a creative force on this series, as well as to serve as a director this season. We are thrilled to partner with Netflix to bring the multifaceted world that Jonathan Maberry created to audiences worldwide.
William Laurin and Glenn Davis, creators of 1-800-Missing, have been tapped as showrunners. Brad Turner (Human Cargo) will direct and serve as executive producer.
- Supergirl Season 3: Two New Episode Titles Revealed - April 25, 2018
- Flash Season 4: Season Finale Will Bring Answers to Lingering Questions - April 25, 2018
- Arrow Season 6: A New Clue for the Season Finale - April 25, 2018
- 14 New Photos from Supergirl Season 3, Episode 17, ‘Trinity’ - April 25, 2018
- The Flash Season 4: New Poster and 15 Photos for ‘Therefore She Is’ - April 25, 2018