Skybound Entertainment has announced the final story arc of Thief of Thieves, coming this July, along with its creative team. New writer Brett Lewis will join artists Shawn Martinbrough and Adriano Lucas on the last set of issues of the comic created by Robert Kirkman, who in his high school senior yearbook was voted most likely to become so filthy rich he can create a comic book he doesn’t even have to write or draw himself. Series artist Martinbrough took to the press release to thank and praise everyone he’s ever worked with.
It’s been an absolute pleasure working alongside Robert Kirkman, Nick Spencer, James Asmus, Andy Diggle over the various arcs of this series. Having the freedom to visually create the world of Thief of Thieves and fill it with such an eclectic cast of characters has truly been a blast. For the final chapter, I welcome my School of Visual Arts college buddy and amazingly talented writer Brett Lewis to our crime family here at Skybound Entertainment. Together, with our superb colorist Adriano Lucas, letterer Rus Wooten, assistant editor Arielle Basich and our ever vigilant and very understanding editor Jon Mosian, we’ve been working hard to take our fans on one hell of a ride on this last job!
We assume someone eventually cut him off. Here’s the synopsis for the upcoming story arc:
Previously in THIEF OF THIEVES, readers saw master thief, Conrad Paulson, racing across Europe to be crown the greatest thief in the world… only to be taken out by his enemies. Now, Conrad Paulson is dead—or is he? And what does a notorious Russian prison have to do with it?
Find out in THIEF OF THIEVES #38, when the entire crew returns to kick off its final heist!
The comic will be released on July 4th, so really enjoy it, you can show your appreciate by attaching it to some fireworks, launching it into the sky, and blowing it up.* Better buy an extra copy to keep. Final order cutoff is June 11th.
* – Bleeding Cool does not advocate the launching comic books into the sky with fireworks, and cannot be held morally or legally responsible for any repercussions that occur as a result of doing so.
- When Will Marvel Stop Inserting Politics in Our 1980s X-Men Comics [X-ual Healing 9-19-18] - September 23, 2018
- Cable News Host Has Had Enough Of Your Bull@#$% in X-Men Red #8 Preview - September 22, 2018
- John Jennings to Head Up Megascope Graphic Novel Imprint at Abrams - September 22, 2018
- Midtown Comics Selling Bagged Batpenis for $20 Cheap - September 22, 2018
- There’s a Major Continuity Error in Archie’s Latest Comic - September 21, 2018